New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    And BTW, why hasn't anyone thought of using the NHR-PV for GT Express?
    +1. Good question.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    Any comments about Isuzu Microbus which was recently showcased at the Philippine International Motor Show?

My comment would be: will this vehicle compete with the Public Vans/FXs or even those jeepney? But when i asked an SA, it will not be sold yet here in PH due to some parts needs to be sourced here.

The microbus is a Truck based vehicle

some pics:

it's an Isuzu Elf turned into a bus

if i'm not mistaken, the body was built locally

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    this van can be made by local side of the road builders for so much less.. that is why it will take time for it to click.. in the provincess they already convert bigger size trucks to bus type vechicles. if you can buy this for 500k brand new.. then yes there is a 90% chance the jeepney will be wiped out of existance..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    province mini buses use the Isuzu Forward platform

it's a more suitable platform for small bus than Isuzu elf

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    True, perhaps someone can write to the LTFRB about this matter. The Microbus may be more expensive, but it seats more, which means it will earn more out of every trip and its almost as economical as the 4JA1 of the Crosswinds they use, and much more economical than the old 4BA1 or 4BC2 engines of the jeepneys.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nasa 1.3 Million Pesos to with aircon.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    a surplus elf is less than 400k.. even cheaper.. fabricate a small bus body onto it. and u have a 1million peso less micro bus.. compared to the isuzu made micro bus..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    a surplus elf is less than 400k.. even cheaper.. fabricate a small bus body onto it. and u have a 1million peso less micro bus.. compared to the isuzu made micro bus..
    True but surplus vs. brand new is apples and oranges. Not to mention that surplus trucks, in general, are not Euro compliant, RHD and at least 10 years old.

The savings one would get using surplus is not worth compromising particularly on safety and reliability issues.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    there are actually surplus trucks out there that is pretty new.. its just a matter of finding it..

i have accepted the fact that brand new cars and trucks or vans in our dear old philippines are over priced.. that is why there is a market for 2nd hand or used cars in our country..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Indeed there are newer surplus trucks in the country and those are the reconditioned trucks like those sold by Sobida Motors. These also have more features and engines not found in their local counterparts and not to mention that these are essentially CBU Japan and not Thailand or Indonesia. Isuzu already has a Coaster competitor called the Isuzu Journey and I'm puzzled as to why there are none of those here. As for the Microbus, I'm pretty impressed with the body made by Centro. The rear reminds me of a Foton MPX which, for me, is quite a well designed car. It means that Filipinos can make good designs with the right funding and/or motivation. I'd go for sliding doors though, and dual sliding doors at that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Isuzu Micro Bus