New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thats only...
    Well if thats the case i lost the bet Ü

I have tried the steps just earlier. Disabling the O/D, tas nung halos tapat ko na ung vehicle that i'm trying to overtake i tried enabling the O/D back i had a sudden burst of speed. so somehow success. i tried overtaking with the O/D off yes it made the RPM kinda reach around 3k but medyo di pa din kaya.

*roberto_minoza
    thanks for the added tips.
    will try your step 3 to step 6 hehe paunti unti muna.

I tried this on edsa though, i cant risk it pa sa two lane on a two way traffic. I would have to make sure of it bago ko gawin. Medyo bago pa lang ako sa automatic na diesel kc eh.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    *willlvill, What happened? I thought you're buying a Starex CRDI? That one doesn't have overtaking power problems.

Biglaan. My brother, who went to New Zealand, left his XTO with me. But this XTO AT seems built like a tank and just sips fuel...he..he. I will hold on to it for awhile. The Starex would just be in the horizon for the meantime.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    You cannot directly compare the A/T variants of the Revo and Adventure to the Crosswind since they (Revo/Adventure) are only available in GASOLINE variants. Expected na mas responsive sa overtaking yung A/T variants nila.
    Benzmizer is correct.

But if Isuzu really wanted something responsive, they could have offered the 2.2 Gasoline Engine that was installed in Chevrolet Tavera in India.

yep, i rode with in my friend's Crosswind XTRM A/T and yes, it was a challenge to overtake considering that he also floored it! I was starting to wonder if the gear ratios were properly configured... can anybody confirm this?

but despite of this, true enough, it promoted the as the First D.A.T. (Diesel AUV in Auto. Trans)- looking at the XTO brochure... a pioneer!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    yep, i rode with in my friend's Crosswind XTRM A/T and yes, it was a challenge to overtake considering that he also floored it! I was starting to wonder if the gear ratios were properly configured... can anybody confirm this?
    I think so. 2nd gear is way too short, 3rd gear is okay, 4th gear is too tall. It's like driving outside the powerband.
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; September 9th, 2009 at 08:08 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

"Don't even think about it......"....

8601:matrix:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I think so. 2nd gear is way too short, 3rd gear is okay, 4th gear is too tall. It's like driving outside the powerband.

My thoughts exactly, while i was comparing it on how i drive a manual, i used to get my momentum from the 2nd gear then 3rd sandali lang ako then shift ko na agad sa fourth gear.

Is there a way to calibrate the transmission ratio?

When you come to think of it, is there a 5th gear on an Automatic transmission. lest say on a Crosswind A/T?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I believe Isuzu never released a 5-speed A/T on the Crosswind. Heck, they should've at least fixed the slow response of the transmission at 4th gear.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    thanks sir robert.

Given na wala syang 5th gear,

i think this can also help sa efficiency ng fuel consumption.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    The shift pattern? I don't think so...but on ECU-equipped cars, the shift pattern can be altered using a flashing device hooked up to a computer. Dunno how to do it, though...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by butirog View Post
    thanks sir robert.

Given na wala syang 5th gear,

i think this can also help sa efficiency ng fuel consumption.
    sa tingin ko bro, its lke changing the transmission itself na... because the gear ratio equates to a cog inside the transmission that in one size per gear... and CVT will be a far fetched idea... unless anyone has updates again on this.

i dont think Isuzu even ventured into a 5 speed automatic transmission even for the Dmax/Alterra- unless there have been recent developments. However, considering that the Dmax has consumed about 80%-85% of its life cycle already (global launch was in 2002 in Bangkok), and the Crosswind has obviously been eked out with aesthetics, lets hope that the next generation that will evolve in 2010/2011 will offer the 5 or even a 6 speed A/T that can be passed on to the Crosswind.

geez! how time flies... seriously!
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; September 9th, 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
how to overtake using Crosswind AT