New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    pwede mo iredline sa kahit anong gear kung manual, kaya medyo mas madali
    tama. compared sa ibang 2.5Ddi, pansin ko mejo mabagal talaga ang 4ja1. tibay lang ba talaga ang advantage nito?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTuazon View Post
    tama. compared sa ibang 2.5Ddi, pansin ko mejo mabagal talaga ang 4ja1. tibay lang ba talaga ang advantage nito?
    Yeah, and easy maintenance. A lot are clamoring for the 4JK1-TC to be slapped on the Crosswind. Question is: Are you willing to pay the price? Price of unit acquisition and price of maintenance.

Compare notes. Ask those who own a CRDI unit. Ask them the cost of maintenance... say, for a 5,000 kms check-up. Compare this to that of the Crosswind. Not to mention, if you unexpectedly need to fix your vehicle withou a CASA anywhere near, any Tom, Dick and Harry who knows how to do diesel engines can do a Crosswind. CRDI? Maybe but do they have the gadget needed.

Teka, OT na ako. Hehehe! Bottomline, M/T Crosswinds are easier to manage when overtaking. A/T would need proper timing and B-A-L-L-S.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ako noon tuwing oovertake gamit ang M/T crosswind..parang napapa angat yung likod ko sa sandalan, parang gusto ko hilahin yun sasakyan para maka overtake agad.

'bat ba ang bagal nito

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    'bat ba ang bagal nito
    Hindi naman mabagal and Crosswind.....mas mabilis lang sila.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Yes, that's true. Hindi mabagal ang crosswind. It just so happen mabilis lang talaga ang any vehicle with manual tranny kasi they can easily be shifted to redline at any given time. Responsive ika nga.

Using a AT I can say is an art. An art of mastery in itself. Risky if you dont master the art of overtaking using an AT with under power diesel engines. So I suggest, maintain your engine well and master the use of AT. That will surely spell the difference.

Bob

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Yeah, and easy maintenance. A lot are clamoring for the 4JK1-TC to be slapped on the Crosswind. Question is: Are you willing to pay the price? Price of unit acquisition and price of maintenance.

Compare notes. Ask those who own a CRDI unit. Ask them the cost of maintenance... say, for a 5,000 kms check-up. Compare this to that of the Crosswind. Not to mention, if you unexpectedly need to fix your vehicle withou a CASA anywhere near, any Tom, Dick and Harry who knows how to do diesel engines can do a Crosswind. CRDI? Maybe but do they have the gadget needed.

Teka, OT na ako. Hehehe! Bottomline, M/T Crosswinds are easier to manage when overtaking. A/T would need proper timing and B-A-L-L-S.
    Regarding the price... The top end sportivo is just a 100k shy of the 2.5 liter everest and monterosport... around 100k more than the innova V, and roughly the same price as the top end carens...

Given the cost of the alterra, give the crosswind a CRDi and we'll have an AUV more expensive than the pickup-based SUVs

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Regarding the price... The top end sportivo is just a 100k shy of the 2.5 liter everest and monterosport... around 100k more than the innova V, and roughly the same price as the top end carens...

Given the cost of the alterra, give the crosswind a CRDi and we'll have an AUV more expensive than the pickup-based SUVs
    Given this argument, why can't Isuzu do it when Toyota showed it can be done without losing its competitive edge in terms of pricing.

CRDI din naman ang D4D.

Puede naman different variants offered with different engine options.

Give the top-variant Sportivos the 2.5 CRDI engine its current price is asking. This way, overtaking would not be as hard as the threadstarter pointed out.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Well, if the crosswind sales would actually take a big hit, then I suppose Isuzu might actually do something about it. Otherwise, they continue overcharging since demand is high -_-

(I see that this thread's direction is going towards another similar thread in here )

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005

My apologies but I have dragged the topic in a different direction. Ika nga, both are fruits but one is an apple and the other one is an orange.

As we all know, ISUZU pricing is the back-breaker. Still, non-CRDI engine is easier and cheaper to maintain BUT conflict comes in when the price range of a Sportivo (non-CRDI) is very near to CRDI-powered engines by the competitors.

Logic says if you could afford a P1.2M car, then why worry about the maintenance demands of the engine? --- particularly the CRDI engine. That makes sense.... As Gerbo pointed out, Crosswinds would have ease in overtaking with CRDI engines --- agree.

*mda: I don't have the figures nor could be accurate but I honestly believe that there is always a reason why an item is priced higher than the others. And having a good number of friends who has access to confidential figures in the automotive industry, it is never a practice of a local assembler (regardless of brand) to intentionally overprice the vehicle just because it's selling like hotcakes. Remember, the local assemblers here are only distributors of these vehicles. Country of origin of the vehicles are the ones doing the math and just pass on to distributors these figures to offer to local customers (us). In short, I'm sure that even ISUZU Philippines is greatly concerned with the price.... good thing there is still good following for the ISUZU brand here in the Philippines and the brand lives up to it's reputation of being durable and reliable.

In closing, I (with all of you) still hope ISUZU could raise this concern to it's mother company for no one knows for how long ISUZU's uncompetitive pricing could hold water...

Super off topic na ako.... back to regular programming.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Regular programming na nga

Not sure - but does turning off O/D really help when you're already mashing the gas pedal? Alam ko na kapag A/T models, flooring the gas would automatically mean the tranny shifting to the gear that gives the highest possible acceleration.

The O/D gear being "on" means that the OD is available to the tranny and CAN shift there when the extra power isn't needed.

Can anyone who has actually tried this at high speeds give any further insight on this?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
how to overtake using Crosswind AT