New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35
    #1
    Anyone knows how much r134a our Crosswind XTO '02 aircon system needs.

    When I had my aircon serviced due to a leak, I heard the technician say to the salesman 1/2 kilo. R134a is sold by the kilo.

    I feel that my repaired aircon is not as cool as before. My question is: Did the technician economize since it was a package deal?

    Is it 1 kilo? Just like my L200 pickup aircon.

  2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,642
    #2
    I am no aircon expert but I highly doubt that one would be able to determine the "amount" of 134A without using the correct equipment (gauges).

    Bring your vehicle to a DENSO or SANDEN service center for 2nd opinion. If you feel that the cooling power of your system is unsatisfactory, the aircon shop may either "uncharged" your system or did not simply fix the leak.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I am no aircon expert but I highly doubt that one would be able to determine the "amount" of 134A without using the correct equipment (gauges).

    Bring your vehicle to a DENSO or SANDEN service center for 2nd opinion. If you feel that the cooling power of your system is unsatisfactory, the aircon shop may either "uncharged" your system or did not simply fix the leak.

    Thanks Benz. Gauges should be the bases as the readings on the low side and high prsseure side of the system.

    We have lots of all-around service center here in Gensan. I would get a second opinion one of these days. Though actually I sometimes do a diy on my L200 aircon.

  4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,642
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill2 View Post
    Thanks Benz. Gauges should be the bases as the readings on the low side and high prsseure side of the system.

    We have lots of all-around service center here in Gensan. I would get a second opinion one of these days. Though actually I sometimes do a diy on my L200 aircon.
    Oh, so you're in GENSAN. (Go PACMAN!) That's good to know you DIY but when it comes to recharging an aircon system, it's advisable to use the gauges for over charging is also bad for the system. The gauges would be able to determine this.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    167
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Oh, so you're in GENSAN. (Go PACMAN!) That's good to know you DIY but when it comes to recharging an aircon system, it's advisable to use the gauges for over charging is also bad for the system. The gauges would be able to determine this.
    May I share my knowledge about AC, just make sure that the backyard AC technician 100% vacuum the AC system prior to charge refrigerant (134A). Once the vacuum pressure of the guage manifold reach to a maximum of 30, shut off the vacuum pump and need to observe the guage manifold pressure for at least 1 hour. If no changes on the vacuum pressure thats the time to proceed charging of refrigerant.

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    #6
    said: "Mr Gucci handbags on sale Tse is not for this happening to cheap football jerseys obliterate me?" Wow yellowness said best Gucci replica handbags gently: "I said, the state law of the high quality Gucci replica handbags discoverer and ancestry rules, a mason brother wow gold rules, disregarding of who desecrated.

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,642
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lmno403 View Post
    said: "Mr Gucci handbags on sale Tse is not for this happening to cheap football jerseys obliterate me?" Wow yellowness said best Gucci replica handbags gently: "I said, the state law of the high quality Gucci replica handbags discoverer and ancestry rules, a mason brother wow gold rules, disregarding of who desecrated.
    [SIZE="6"]
    What the!?[/SIZE]
    :fire:

How much r134a does the aircon of crosswing needs?