New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    to all crosswind owners:

how often do you repack your wheel bearings? is it true that the original bushings cannot be grease? coz i bought it to a gasoline station and the mechanic said original pa daw bushings and joints, wala grease fittings for grease. tia.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    me every 40k kms repack gamit ko high temp grease. kulay blue yata yun

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by x-wind
    me every 40k kms repack gamit ko high temp grease. kulay blue yata yun
    OT
    xwind pre...na repack ba yung bearing mo just before you went to pagudpud? had mine checked last weekend...ok pa yung packing (di pa black and no signs of corrosion) so di na namin nirepack. ok yung blue lithium grease na ginamit ;) november 2004 pa yun nung nirepack.

back on topic,
    tama walang grease fittings ang tie rod ends, and centerlink connections ng crosswind. sealed yung grease joints nya and the grease is kept inside rubber fittings. AFAIK, yung front wheel bearing lang nire-regrease sa xwind.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Wala palang fittings ang mga crosswind series.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    kahit frontier walang fitting pero what you can do is go is ask your mechanic to put fitting in your tie rod end. I think karamihan ng mga new car ngayon sealed type na eh. just my two cents.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    di naman na talaga kailangan i pa grease ang mga throw away type na suspension parts...they're built to last hanggang masira na without having the need to be greased.

just a tip...if you plan on trying out zee's or cruven's services once the parts are due for replacement, don't throw away the originals, mas maganda daw mag inject sa mga yan..too bad i threw mine long before kaya yung replacements nalang pinalagyan ko.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald
    OT
    xwind pre...na repack ba yung bearing mo just before you went to pagudpud? had mine checked last weekend...ok pa yung packing (di pa black and no signs of corrosion) so di na namin nirepack. ok yung blue lithium grease na ginamit ;) november 2004 pa yun nung nirepack.

back on topic,
    tama walang grease fittings ang tie rod ends, and centerlink connections ng crosswind. sealed yung grease joints nya and the grease is kept inside rubber fittings. AFAIK, yung front wheel bearing lang nire-regrease sa xwind.
    yup ok pa pero pinatangal ko na rin pinaltan narin with same Blue lithium grease. isang bukasan na rin lang and kasam rin sa labor kay pina repack ko na rin

greasing and repacking of crosswinds