New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Tediber Ang View Post
    20yrs in business all my isuzu trucks never had any engine sludge related problems nor the L300s i had and have.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk
    Naka EGR blank ka sir?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Main reason people blank their EGR is to prevent soot/sludge build up in the egr and intake manifolds ..... But this build up takes years to accumulate ... Also isuzu engines aren't notorious for sludge problems. Bago pa MUX no hurry for an egr blank. Read more about then decide wether to do it or not.

20yrs in business all my isuzu trucks never had any engine sludge related problems nor the L300s i had and have.

Common rail engines are entirely different animals compared to old-school diesels. EGR issues afflicted the Alterra back when they delayed the implementation of Euro IV, I believe... which forced Isuzu to switch back to the older EGR systems. (this is secondhand info from Alterra club members during one of our Shell events... so I am not quite sure which years were affected).

EGR gunking is a common issue with newer diesels like the ones in the Montero Sport / Strada and the Navara.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Nde pa ko naka EGR blank .... not in a hurry ... but i will do it sabay na oil catch can.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    EGR shouldn't be an issue if you do a lot of highway miles and drive it like you stole it when you can. A friend's EGR was remarkably clean when they opened it. It had 130TKm on the odo, most of them run on the NLEX/SCTEX. That engine lived all its life on Euro 2 diesel.

With Euro 4 diesel I'm not sure if it will still be an issue even if you do mostly city kms.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I had mine blanked. If any, I simply don't like the idea of my car breathing its own fart.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Fully blanked ba sya ?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Fully blanked ba sya ?

Yes. Removed the EGR cooling pipe and covered the two open ports with thick aluminum blanking plates. The EGR valve itself is untouched and the computer thinks it's still working. But the port has been sealed and no exhaust gasses are passing through.

I'm wondering if opening it up and connect it to a 2nd air filter would help reduce pumping losses. So, the idea is to allow filtered air to enter whenever the EGR valve opens up. There's a sort of 'proportioning' butterfly/throttle valve in the D4D that supposedly increases EGR ingestion whenever the EGR valve is open. Opening this port up should reduce pumping losses and further increase fuel economy. Haven't seen anybody do it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for the response ..... Removing the pipe seems a much much easier job than accessing the egr valve itself.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    I have a wifi obd2 but my egr readings seems always 0% ... I got my 2014 dmax 2nd hand but i don't think it's egr blanked as i do not see any modifications. Anyway i wanted to blank it myself ... And just needed an easy way to do it.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have a wifi obd2 but my egr readings seems always 0% ... I got my 2014 dmax 2nd hand but i don't think it's egr blanked as i do not see any modifications. Anyway i wanted to blank it myself ... And just needed an easy way to do it.

Does it show 0% under any driving condition? It should typically open up while cruising at a constant speed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast