New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i notice a turning knob (rounded the size of a 5-peso coin) just below the power side mirror control, located just above the left knee with directional marking clockwise and counter clockwise. for what purpose it is? how do or should i ever touch it?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir it's for the throttle cable, nakalimutan ko na tawag pero mga old school na diesel rides meron nito. Karaniwang gamit is kapag nagpapainit ka ng makina at kailangang tapakan iyung accelerator pedal, instead na apakan mo pedal, iyung knob ang mag hohold sa level ng pedal na gusto mo.
    Hintay po natin mga answers ng mas bihasa para sa mas maliwanag na sagot hth

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    idle up .. since your diesel engine is not equipped with IACV that automatically controls engine idle after start-up, you should manually turn that knob to raise your RPM until your engine reaches normal operating temp.. its purpose is to avoid erratic engine idling which results to excessive vibration and too much diesel fuel in the engine resulting to smoke (unburned diesel)

if your engine idles normally after start-up there is no need to turn the knob

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Dad used the idle-up knob as a "cruise control" on his XUV...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yapoy said it clear though i almost forgot i have one too

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Dad used the idle-up knob as a "cruise control" on his XUV...
    Hahaha... I thought I was the only one.

It's the secret to achieving 16 km/l on the highway...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hahaha... I thought I was the only one.

It's the secret to achieving 16 km/l on the highway...

pwede din gamitin yan pagtawid sa baha, alalay ka lang sa brakes and clutch

ginagamit ko din poor man's cruise control sa highway driving. medyo alalay din sa brakes saka dapat mabilis ka mag ikot pag kelangan mo mag full stop heheheh

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hahaha! leme second to that poormans cruise control... akala ko dati choke knob ang tawag dyan... anyways ... gamit ko din yan sa freeway ... sabay ikot ng mabilis pag may trike na sa harap ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    ah, ok. tnx much for the replies. akala ko yun ang heater kasi wala heater crosswind

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by willsmith View Post
    ah, ok. tnx much for the replies. akala ko yun ang heater kasi wala heater crosswind
    yun ang maganda sa 4ja-1, walang glow plugs kaya tipid sa oras at battery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
crosswind xto-use of turning knob just below the power side mirror control