New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dios ko naman, why compare the proven durability and reliability of an Isuzu with a disposable chinese made car of highly questionable build quality. Chinese made cars are such a waste of money.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    hmmm... this resembles another Isuzu SUV that failed to make it to our shores...

2002 Isuzu Axiom:

IMO, the GreatWall Hover is a 70% replication i presume...
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; September 21st, 2009 at 02:15 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Basahin niyo yung thread na Hi Mileage crosswind owners..Ang mga crosswind owners hindi mahilig sa mga gadgets, speed, dami ng airbags,aerodynamics, sapce age looks at kung ano anong kalandian. Ang priority nila isang sasakyan na kahit barbaric, eh sa 100thou plus km na tinatakbo eh reliable as the day they got it sa dealer. Kaya kahit may innova na at kung ano ano pang ka kompitensiya may bumibili parin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    chinese cars are everywhere now not just here in the philippines ,,so if you want to buy and believe that it will serve your purpose then go for it..check our road now it is also full of chinese made buses competing with the best of the best in the market .

cheers

enjoy the ride

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    No sirree. Its the Hover made by Great Wall,a China-based company. It is now available in the Philippines.

It's price competes with that of the SUV-wannabe Crosswind AUV with far better specification--a 2.8L DI-turbo engine producing 90+ hp, 4x4 and with ABS, airbags, tilt steering wheel.

Hover 4x4 P1,150,000.00
    Hover 4x2 P998,000.00

Sportivo 4x2 MT P1,145,000.00

Only wanting in the Hover is its 5-seating configuration.
    pero parang ang mahal ata ng price nitong hover nato...kjung ibababa nila ang price to 800k++ marami ang mag iisip na ito ang bilhin kesa crosswind

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    hmmm... this resembles another Isuzu SUV that failed to make it to our shores...

2002 Isuzu Axiom:

onga no! i really thought that the GW Hover is an original design until i saw the pic above. di pala. hehe. oh well, copying designs is a common trait among chinese car manufacturers. pero maganda pa rin yung Hover but it seems lacking considering it only has 5 seats for that big body.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Tanong ko lang sa ISUZU CROSSWIND OWNER . May nakita ako kanina sa isang five star hotel na sumundo sa harap ng hotel bago pa . Sabi ko sa sarili ko hindi pa ba nila na improve ang ingay ng makina ng diesel para kang nakarinig na naka menor na pampasaherong Jeep . At iyong mga HYLANDER dati na pag umarangkada kahit bago noon ang usok sa likod. Observation ko lang.
    Most Crosswind owners do not actually make a big fuss over the engine noise. Mas matimbang sa kanila ang tipid sa bulsa at reliability nito.

Kaya din siguro maganda sound system set-up sa mga top variants.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMaxx View Post
    Dios ko naman, why compare the proven durability and reliability of an Isuzu with a disposable chinese made car of highly questionable build quality. Chinese made cars are such a waste of money.
    The Hover uses the 2.8 L direct injection-turbocharged Isuzu engine at drivetrain. In other markets they utilize a Mitsubishi 2.0 gas engine.

So it got the reliability of an Isuzu engine.

Build-quality rin naman ang issue ng mga Crosswind (i.e. misaligned doors, crickety seats, clutch that wears out sooner, rattling dashboards, etc.)

We can probably sneer at the China-built cars today. Its just a matter of time they will get the acceptance they covet. Koreans do not actually build the Hyundai i10 (its made in India). The Japanese do not manufacture the Suzuki Celerio (its also made in India).

Avanza and Innova are Asean cars but we seldom rue its cheap plasticky interior and built issues. Is it because of the Toyota badge?
    Last edited by Gerbo; September 21st, 2009 at 08:56 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post

2002 Isuzu Axiom:

Yes sir. Its very similar to the Isuzu Axiom.

And that is the whole point--if Isuzu Phil. won't wake up from its slumber, still resting on its laurels, and reluctant---then somebody will. This is a case in point.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Great car, but I havent seen one though ( or was it just released? ) Anyways looking at it's price, i`d still pick the crosswind over it. So what if it's an old, cra ( no not that ) slow car? Atleast it can run thousands of kilometers without giving you such headaches like what china cars do ( read: poor FC / crappy dashboards / cheap interior and lack of casas and some are given lemon units too! ) im sure there are a lot more to include.

And yeah, the price isn't that far. So why pick the china car over the good ol` trusty crosswind? Atleast im sure it can pass through flooded areas and stuff, but how about that Hover? Hmmmm..... maybe my mind will change if one tsikoteer buys that car and imposes that whatever the crosswind can do, the hover can do also.

I have no intention of putting down the GW Hover fanatics. Just giving my :twocents:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Crosswind-killer?