New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thanks sir nap123 & niwde11! welcome ba lahat sa EB? medyo nahihiya yata ako kasi stock almost lahat sa bighorn ko e. hehe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    bro simple lang punta ka sa forum dito sa sound system eto ang link you can learn a lot http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11301
    nosebleed ako dito sir, page 3 pa lang ako nahilo na ako.
    thanks 4 the advice still, i appreciate it. still working on a budget though, pretty tight budget actually.. i can only shell out 10-12k a month so im thinking this is gonna be a long term thing. hope i can count on your assisstance guys.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeThePappi View Post
    thanks sir nap123 & niwde11! welcome ba lahat sa EB? medyo nahihiya yata ako kasi stock almost lahat sa bighorn ko e. hehe.
    stock lang din sakin. yung kay nap123 lang ang "overstock".

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i second to that sir niwde11, overstock. haha. i just told nap123 to enlist his trooper in one of the local autoshows? hehe. OT na sorry..

ShowMeThePappi - ask your mechanic to do some safety checks on your steering system. check your power steering pump if they are original and intact and no welds. And most importantly, check your pitman arm for any cut-and-welds.

As for the front speakers, don't go for the three ways speakers if you want to preserve the stock look kasi di mo na maisasara using the stock speaker covers. It would give you more kalansing sounds in addition to your tweeters on your A-pillar.. if you are specific to that but your speakers would be exposed.

just my two pennies worth.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I bought mine around 5 years ago from the distributor of Infiniti here in the Philippines. Got it then for 15k. i have no contact of the company anymore. They changed address/contact #.

me Kamahalan pala sir benzimer...

TS, if limited budget mo. Buy ka na lang sa Raon, 10K can go very far there. Yung subs na project ko would cost around 5-6K if I where to buy there incl. amplifier. Already spent 4K for my front and rear speakers (Pioneer) which we bought at Raon.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Frankly, I did not change any of my 6 stock speakers (2 tweeters included). I just installed the basstube at the 3rd row area and the sound was great! The stock 6 speakers served as good "separates".

Total cost of sound upgrade: P15k (cost of basstube)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wham_10mbps View Post
    i second to that sir niwde11, overstock. haha. i just told nap123 to enlist his trooper in one of the local autoshows? hehe. OT na sorry..

chris hindi naman hehehe. Inaantay ko lumabas yung sony speaker separates nila na 2010 model medyo maganda 5k lang halos kasing tunog na ng MB quarts. Balita ko pinauubos pa nila yung lumang model eto yun http://www.sony-asia.com/product/xs-gtr1720s

Yung setup ko mura lang naman ORIGINAL V12 AMPLIFIER 2000W 4CH from the supplier ng Sony -3K lang
    front speaker -Macrom 160 watts lang kaya kailangan palitan stocks twitter need to be upgrade to new http://www.sony-asia.com/product/xs-gtr1720s
    5K lang price as per may contact sa supplier. Technology kasi bilis kaya nagmumura na ang price.

rear speaker - sony speakers na forgot the wattage mura din eto.
    subwoofer - 10inch lang na sony xplod 1200 watt -4K kasama na ang box
    Headunit - sony dv2200 http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...EX-DV2200.aspx 190usd ko lang nakuha yan pero dito 22K plus sa ACE na hehehe.

Hindi naman kailangan mahal yung setup mo mas importante tama ang timpla hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    wham_10mbps, blue_gambit, Benzmizer and nap123
    thank you for your responses sirs, you all have great insights and i am indeed taking notes.Ü
    di ko lang maharap yung trooper ngayon kasi jampak sa work and i barely have free time.
    tsaka question lang po not related sa sound setup.. nagkaproblema pa ako kasi within this week twice na diskarga battery ko,i made sure naman na all the lights are shut off and doors are closed properly. its also strange kasi ngayon wala na lights yung "icons" ko sa dash board. any ideas guys? is this just a simple case of discharged battery or is it something serious? tomorrow morning ko pa mapapacharge kasi i had to leave because im running late for work. (L300 dala ko sa work ngayon parang magdedeliver lang hehe). pls help.. thanks!

also as a side note i think 1993/1994 yung model ng big horn kasi sya yung knob type and yung grill nya sa harab ay yung saktong rectangle.. just compared pics that i found in google. =D

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    wham_10mbps, blue_gambit, Benzmizer and nap123
    thank you for your responses sirs, you all have great insights and i am indeed taking notes.Ü
    di ko lang maharap yung trooper ngayon kasi jampak sa work and i barely have free time.
    tsaka question lang po not related sa sound setup.. nagkaproblema pa ako kasi within this week twice na diskarga battery ko,i made sure naman na all the lights are shut off and doors are closed properly. its also strange kasi ngayon wala na lights yung "icons" ko sa dash board. any ideas guys? is this just a simple case of discharged battery or is it something serious? tomorrow morning ko pa mapapacharge kasi i had to leave because im running late for work. (L300 dala ko sa work ngayon parang magdedeliver lang hehe). pls help.. thanks!

also as a side note i think 1993/1994 yung model ng big horn kasi sya yung knob type and yung grill nya sa harab ay yung saktong rectangle.. just compared pics that i found in google. =D
    You're welcome.

If you didn't forget any switches on, it could either be a case of:
    • Defective battery (one or more plates may already be dead so recharging would not do much help)
    • Bad ground (causing discharge)

There are shops to confirm and determine which of both. If both are found not to be the cause of the discharge, have your alternator checked if it's charging as expected.

Now I must remind you that you need to address this concern first before even thinking of spending/installing sounds upgrade. Doing so would only aggravate the situation for it would be more difficult to isolate the one causing the problem.

Good luck!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    nagkaproblema pa ako kasi within this week twice na diskarga battery ko,i made sure naman na all the lights are shut off and doors are closed properly. its also strange kasi ngayon wala na lights yung "icons" ko sa dash board. any ideas guys? is this just a simple case of discharged battery or is it something serious? tomorrow morning ko pa mapapacharge kasi i had to leave because im running late for work. (L300 dala ko sa work ngayon parang magdedeliver lang hehe). pls help.. thanks!
    Hula ko lang.. have your charging system (alternator) diagnosed by an electrician. Baka di na nagkakarga. or baka luma na talaga battery mo..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
BigHorn / Trooper Setup