New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    good day sirs!

i just recently acquired an isuzu bighorn / trooper and now shouldering the expenses for it (pamana kasi ni itay hehe)

i dont know what the exact model but it was bought from subic around 2002, and i think its the lotus edition.may lotus sticker kasi sa gilid and sa steering wheel eh.

napagawa ko na po ang clutch, aircon, alarm at HU (pioneer 3250UB).. magpapatulong lang po sana sa sound setup, gusto ko lang palitan yung mga stock speakers kasi tunog lata eh.. if im not mistaken meron 4 speakers dun (2 sa harap and 2 sa rear).. humihingi lang po ng payo at opinyon..

any insights are deeply appreciated. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeThePappi View Post
    .... magpapatulong lang po sana sa sound setup, gusto ko lang palitan yung mga stock speakers kasi tunog lata eh.. if im not mistaken meron 4 speakers dun (2 sa harap and 2 sa rear).. humihingi lang po ng payo at opinyon..
    Replace the stock speakers with higher wattage (bigger magnet) speakers BUT of the same diameter as the stock so as to keep the door trim unmodified. (also to keep a "sleeper" look)

In addition, you can put a basetube at the 3rd row area to provide bass. (see sample photo)

In effect, the 4 upgraded speakers would serve as mid-range speakers while your bass driver would be the pre-amp basstube at the rear. This (basstube) would not be eating up space at the rear (unlike boxed subwoofers)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    In addition, you can put a basetube at the 3rd row area to provide bass. (see sample photo)
    thank you sir! now i have an idea or at least a "template" to work with.Ü naalala ko nagpayo din yung mekaniko na naginstall ng car alarm na dapat yung sa speakers makapal daw yung magnets eh..

just 1 question though, i think this is the first time i encountered a basetube.. where can i find one?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    just 1 question though, i think this is the first time i encountered a basetube.. where can i find one?
    Virtually any car audio shop you can find. The brands of basstubes would vary depending if that shop you choose is carry them. The brand BAZOOKA i know is carried by Winterpine. They may also have V12 (cheap but powerful basstube)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Replace the stock speakers with higher wattage (bigger magnet) speakers BUT of the same diameter as the stock so as to keep the door trim unmodified. (also to keep a "sleeper" look)

In effect, the 4 upgraded speakers would serve as mid-range speakers while your bass driver would be the pre-amp basstube at the rear. This (basstube) would not be eating up space at the rear (unlike boxed subwoofers)

Any idea how much this cost and where can this be bought sir benzimer?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Any idea how much this cost and where can this be bought sir benzimer?
    I bought mine around 5 years ago from the distributor of Infiniti here in the Philippines. Got it then for 15k. i have no contact of the company anymore. They changed address/contact #.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    For the front door medyo mababaw yung lalagyan ng speakers kaya tatama yung magnet sa likod (for certain speaker brands).

Gusto ko sana Targa lang para mura pero di kumasya. Ang kumasya sakin Kicker kasi maliit magnet.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    good day sirs!

i just recently acquired an isuzu bighorn / trooper and now shouldering the expenses for it (pamana kasi ni itay hehe)

i dont know what the exact model but it was bought from subic around 2002, and i think its the lotus edition.may lotus sticker kasi sa gilid and sa steering wheel eh.

napagawa ko na po ang clutch, aircon, alarm at HU (pioneer 3250UB).. magpapatulong lang po sana sa sound setup, gusto ko lang palitan yung mga stock speakers kasi tunog lata eh.. if im not mistaken meron 4 speakers dun (2 sa harap and 2 sa rear).. humihingi lang po ng payo at opinyon..

any insights are deeply appreciated. thanks!
    bro simple lang punta ka sa forum dito sa sound system eto ang link you can learn a lot http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11301

at saka pumunta ka sa EB this coming september 11 sa the fort to see yung setup ko sa trooper.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    For the front door medyo mababaw yung lalagyan ng speakers kaya tatama yung magnet sa likod (for certain speaker brands).

Gusto ko sana Targa lang para mura pero di kumasya. Ang kumasya sakin Kicker kasi maliit magnet.
    lagyan mo ng spacers. medyo mababaw talaga ang front speakers kaya kung lalagyan mo ng aftermarket na medyo malaki magnet e di kakasya. kung pupunta kayo sa Ivea EB ni nap123, try nyo tingnan yung ginawa ko sakin. wala na kasi yung pics dito sa gallery eh

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thank u mam/sir, will keep that in mind.. (note to self: targa's magnets might not fit front panels)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BigHorn / Trooper Setup