New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Guy, this morning my car won't start. Accoridng to casa, battery needs to be replaced. My battery (which comes with the car) is only about 1 year and 9 months old. Is it normal for stock batteries to get replaced at this age?

I was also wondering what's the best replacement battery. Motolite, Outlast or AC Delco?

I looed up from motolite site and for Isuzu Alterra, they recommend Motolite Excel whereas for other SUVs (Everest, Montero, Fortuner, Pajero, Lan Cruiser), they recommend Motolite Gold. What gives?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    wala bang warranty yan? normally 24 months ang warranty ng car battery. You could try AcDelco although much pricier compared to those 2.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    there is a thread here about Amaron batteries. ok daw yun e.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    wala bang warranty yan? normally 24 months ang warranty ng car battery. You could try AcDelco although much pricier compared to those 2.
    May warranty, but as usual, the items breaks down just shortly after the expiry :furious:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Guy, this morning my car won't start. Accoridng to casa, battery needs to be replaced. My battery (which comes with the car) is only about 1 year and 9 months old. Is it normal for stock batteries to get replaced at this age?

I was also wondering what's the best replacement battery. Motolite, Outlast or AC Delco?

I looed up from motolite site and for Isuzu Alterra, they recommend Motolite Excel whereas for other SUVs (Everest, Montero, Fortuner, Pajero, Lan Cruiser), they recommend Motolite Gold. What gives?

Well, let me say this about that;

Is it really the battery, or is the starter drawing too much current?

Did they perform a free battery load test and/or free starter current draw test as per the terms of the Isuzu warranty?

If the battery does need replacement, which would be unusual in this country's climate, please read on.

Page 10 of the New Vehicle Warranty Policy And Maintenance Booklet states that we, as owners, have a contract with Isuzu, our responsible partner. They are to "make direct contact with the manufacturer (of the battery) so that maximum assistance to the customer can be provided".

The Alterra is a "top line" product and is expected to be provided with a "top line" battery.

In my view a "top line" battery should have a warranty of 60 months. You have used 21 months of the 60 month life and should, at most, be expected to pay 21/60th of the price of a new battery from your Isuzu dealer.

Please state these facts, politely, but, firmly to your dealer and demand a new battery or an explanation that makes sense to you.

As to why certain batteries will fit some units and not others is usually due to the configuration of the battery i.e. case size, mounting brackets, post(s) position etc. Battery and tire Manufacturers do not necessarily make product lines which fit all vehicles.

Let us know, please, how you make out.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Uncle Nick,

Thank you for your usual insightful posts.

You know what I find strange? The service advisor told me that 1 year and 9 months is already long enough because according to her, most only last a little over 1 year.

What more? Just 2 days before my battery died, I had my PMS for 15000 from the same isuzu dealer and they did not say anything about my battery.

If I were to piece together above, if they thought that my battery is at the tail end of its life, shouldn't they have checked this during PMS? Apparently they didn't.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir, please take into consideration of the possibility that technicians in the casa might have change your battery while the vehicle is undergoing PMS. Did you make distinctive marks on the battery?

Maraming loko sa Piliinas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Id go for motolite excels. Thats what we use on emergency vehicles so they start first time, all the time. I have tried bosch, magic power, rocket and all have failed miserably at the most unfortunate time. Ac delco is also said to be prone to failure early on.

Due to budget constraints, i run motolite golds on my daily driver. Almost 4 years and still strong despite having to run added stuff like emergency lighting, compressors, etc. and i have a stock alternator also.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Sir, please take into consideration of the possibility that technicians in the casa might have change your battery while the vehicle is undergoing PMS. Did you make distinctive marks on the battery?

Maraming loko sa Piliinas.
    I have no distinguishing marks on my orig battery, I never thought this as a possibility. But now I have bought Motolite Excel as repålacement, there is a serial number of some sort I believe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post

The original battery on my 2011 Urban Cruiser failed today after just one year and 6 months (very light) use. It is absolutely dead and I am unable to revive it.

ARGHHR!!!

I replaced it with a new Motolite unit.

Now, I know about yours, and now mine, and I saw another (Dead) Urban Cruiser being towed just a couple of weeks ago.

I can say with certainty that the original Alterra battery is substandard for it's task.

We have been cheated by Isuzu!!!

Excuse me, but I need a beer right now.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best battery for Isuzu Alterra?