New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Good day fellow DMax'ers.

Which among these three (3) locally well-known diesel EFi-tuning chip is better (whether as experienced or by "word-of-mouth"):

1. Unichip, c/o Speedlab Racing;
    2. DTS, c/o DTS Philippines; or
    3. DPChip, c/o Berrima Diesel Philippines?

All i know at the moment is that the Unichip is the cheapest of them all, PhP30k, inclusive of optimised dyno-tuning, while DPChip is the most expensive of them all, about PhP65k, also inclusive of dyno-tuning plus 5-year warranty. The DTS comes at PhP35k, also with a 5-year warranty.

The Unichip is made in South Africa by Dastek, DPChip in Australia by Berrima Diesel Australia, and the DTS got its origins from the UK.

Your response is highly appreciated sirs.

Trust that everything is well with you all, always.

Kind regards.

hinDMaxsiado

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Any fellow Isuzu afficionado knows and willing to share his experience on any of the tuning-chips?

Thank you....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    huwag kana magtanong ,wala ka naman dmax sir..bwuhahaha

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OJ213 View Post
    huwag kana magtanong ,wala ka naman dmax sir..bwuhahaha
    Tama ka sir, wala akong isang DMax, dadalawa lang naman

Do i make you feel better now Mr. Navara na engineer daw ngunit hindi marunong mag-compute ng gearing hehehehe?....
    Project engineer ka pa sa lagay na yan ah hahahaha!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    bwuhahaha... troll ka nga

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OJ213 View Post
    bwuhahaha... troll ka nga

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ano po settings gamit mo sa dmax?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ....zzzzzzzzz.....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by x-metal View Post
    Ano po settings gamit mo sa dmax?
    Sir, i am currently just at "C" and "B" notches with the two-dial combination. Haven't done any adjustments yet after "Big" Mike's last combo adjustment. According to Mike, tuning for more power increase should be done one notch at-a-time (quite like re-jetting the carburetor of a motorbike) so as not to compromise the limits set-in at the car's ECU. The highest combo with Racechip Pro is "7" and "7" on both dials ---- but that is if our cars could actually handle it, or is still amenable, responsive to it. Obviously sir, i am still way down below the 7-7combo, but i can still go way-up the dials as advised by Mike
    ....But i'm already pleased so far with the added power i've gained by seat-of-pants (no dyno test yet at Speedlab Racing.... perhaps one of these days), and with a current city-driving mileage at 13.5 km per litre from 10.5 km per litre prior to installation, and from 12.5 km per litre from Day 1 when the mod was installed by Mike ;)

Tuning of the chip by Speedlab Racing's chassis dyno (although they don't carry the Racechip Pro product, instead they are the recognised Unichip dealer) may cost PhP5,000.

Sir, BETTER ask Mike-the-Man, thru Jedi of Tsikot should you have technical questions and for better appreciation of the tuning-chip. He's the best person to ask. Arguably, i think this is the best plug-and-play, highly-tunable diesel EFI tuning-chip out there when compared price-wise against the Unichip (PhP30k and PhP50k), DPchip (PhP55k or PhP65k????) and DTS (PhP35k). The Racechip Pro cost only PhP24,000 for a Tsikot member, which you already are sir ;)

Goodluck!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sirs, sorry for my ignorance. is it possible to install a tuning chip into a crosswind? i read all the power gains they mentioned here. considering that crosswinds are makupad, it might be good. kung pwede.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
To all 3.0-litre DMax owners: Which diesel EFi-tuning chip is better?