New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Good day fellow DMax'ers.

Which among these three (3) locally well-known diesel EFi-tuning chip is better (whether as experienced or by "word-of-mouth"):

1. Unichip, c/o Speedlab Racing;
    2. DTS, c/o DTS Philippines; or
    3. DPChip, c/o Berrima Diesel Philippines?

All i know at the moment is that the Unichip is the cheapest of them all, PhP30k, inclusive of optimised dyno-tuning, while DPChip is the most expensive of them all, about PhP65k, also inclusive of dyno-tuning plus 5-year warranty. The DTS comes at PhP35k, also with a 5-year warranty.

The Unichip is made in South Africa by Dastek, DPChip in Australia by Berrima Diesel Australia, and the DTS got its origins from the UK.

Your response is highly appreciated sirs.

Trust that everything is well with you all, always.

Kind regards.

hinDMaxsiado

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Any fellow Isuzu afficionado knows and willing to share his experience on any of the tuning-chips?

Thank you....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    huwag kana magtanong ,wala ka naman dmax sir..bwuhahaha

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OJ213 View Post
    huwag kana magtanong ,wala ka naman dmax sir..bwuhahaha
    Tama ka sir, wala akong isang DMax, dadalawa lang naman

Do i make you feel better now Mr. Navara na engineer daw ngunit hindi marunong mag-compute ng gearing hehehehe?....
    Project engineer ka pa sa lagay na yan ah hahahaha!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    bwuhahaha... troll ka nga

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OJ213 View Post
    bwuhahaha... troll ka nga

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Sino kaya ang troll? pupunta lang dito para sabihing walang Dmax? GROW UP SIR!

BTT: DTS for me kasi siya lang pwede sa Dmax 3.0 TD non-Iteq

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBRONghini6 View Post
    BTT: DTS for me kasi siya lang pwede sa Dmax 3.0 TD non-Iteq
    Balitaan na lang sir LeBROn! ....Thanks and kind regards! ;)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    [SIZE=3]
    Gentlemen, for those who still haven't got a diesel EFi-tuning chip for their DMax/ Alterra 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ[/b], here's what i have found so far in less than a day of usage ---- this about the PhP24,000 Racechip Pro from Germany[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    Boss-among-tunay Jedi,

Thanks heaps for the Racechip Pro!!
    [/SIZE]

All i can say is that those German diesel EFi-chip developers really know what they're doing! As you saw, i am currently tuned only at the low-lower combo with the two 16-notch dials but the power gains of the Isuzu DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ off-the-bottom all the way up is already very much pronounced even just by seat-of-pants!

Looking forward to a long-and-satisfying relationship with the chip.

Best regards also to Boss Mike the Man and Chao!
    ....Inform Boss Mike that my city-driving fuel consumption also improved a lot from a previous 10.5 km per litre prior to the chip installation yesterday to 12.5 km per litre after our one-time test drive, and after driving from Tsikot shop to Quezon City via C5

Keep up the good work guys!

For the info of y'all fellow Isuzu patrons, the fine gentleman Mike is the brain behind the Racechip business in Philippines. He is a German national who is a Pinoy citizen. He is also the techy-guy behind the installation and usage of the Racechip Pro. The big PLUS that you guys might also appreciate is that Mike rides an Isuzu Alterra haha!
    ....When you meet him, ask him why he chose the Isuzu brand over all other manufacturers and most likely, you'd be grinning after hearing him talk about Isuzu's.... He's the one who tuned his Alterra with the Racechip Pro (go ask him what combo he ended up with his tuning kit hehe ;)).

....AND yes, he too knows a lot about the DMax iTEQ VGS Turbo's 4JJ1-TCX engine, he talks a lot about it, and he could only sigh why Isuzu Phils. doesn't bring it here hehe.... He even mentioned about importing a 4JJ1-TCX engine for himself hehe

You can reach avail of the Racechip Pro on discount for tsikot members thru Jedi at 09053338777.

Goodluck and kindly post your findings!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow~ a German who actually likes Isuzu's! Were you able to dyno your D-Max to see the extent of performance increase?

Hmm~ I wonder what Sir Mike has to say about the 4JX1. Especially as to what will happen to it after chipping. Whether it will become as good as the 4JJ1-TCX or self destruct. :rofl:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
To all 3.0-litre DMax owners: Which diesel EFi-tuning chip is better?