New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    Gentlemen, for those who still haven't got a diesel EFi-tuning chip for their DMax/ Alterra 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ[/b], here's what i have found so far in less than a day of usage ---- this about the PhP24,000 Racechip Pro from Germany[/SIZE]

For the info of y'all fellow Isuzu patrons, the fine gentleman Mike is the brain behind the Racechip business in Philippines. He is a German national who is a Pinoy citizen. He is also the techy-guy behind the installation and usage of the Racechip Pro. The big PLUS that you guys might also appreciate is that Mike rides an Isuzu Alterra haha!
    ....When you meet him, ask him why he chose the Isuzu brand over all other manufacturers and most likely, you'd be grinning after hearing him talk about Isuzu's.... He's the one who tuned his Alterra with the Racechip Pro (go ask him what combo he ended up with his tuning kit hehe ;)).

....AND yes, he too knows a lot about the DMax iTEQ VGS Turbo's 4JJ1-TCX engine, he talks a lot about it, and he could only sigh why Isuzu Phils. doesn't bring it here hehe.... He even mentioned about importing a 4JJ1-TCX engine for himself hehe

You can reach avail of the Racechip Pro on discount for tsikot members thru Jedi at 09053338777.

Goodluck and kindly post your findings!

Lalo tuloy akong na-te-temp bumili.. Hahaha.. Gayahin ko na din yung combo ng tuning nya.. Konting ipon pa makakakuha na din ako..

Laki ng improvement ng Fuel Comsumption mo Sir.. Mas lalo pa siguro kapag highway driving.. ^_^

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ano po settings gamit mo sa dmax?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ....zzzzzzzzz.....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by x-metal View Post
    Ano po settings gamit mo sa dmax?
    Sir, i am currently just at "C" and "B" notches with the two-dial combination. Haven't done any adjustments yet after "Big" Mike's last combo adjustment. According to Mike, tuning for more power increase should be done one notch at-a-time (quite like re-jetting the carburetor of a motorbike) so as not to compromise the limits set-in at the car's ECU. The highest combo with Racechip Pro is "7" and "7" on both dials ---- but that is if our cars could actually handle it, or is still amenable, responsive to it. Obviously sir, i am still way down below the 7-7combo, but i can still go way-up the dials as advised by Mike
    ....But i'm already pleased so far with the added power i've gained by seat-of-pants (no dyno test yet at Speedlab Racing.... perhaps one of these days), and with a current city-driving mileage at 13.5 km per litre from 10.5 km per litre prior to installation, and from 12.5 km per litre from Day 1 when the mod was installed by Mike ;)

Tuning of the chip by Speedlab Racing's chassis dyno (although they don't carry the Racechip Pro product, instead they are the recognised Unichip dealer) may cost PhP5,000.

Sir, BETTER ask Mike-the-Man, thru Jedi of Tsikot should you have technical questions and for better appreciation of the tuning-chip. He's the best person to ask. Arguably, i think this is the best plug-and-play, highly-tunable diesel EFI tuning-chip out there when compared price-wise against the Unichip (PhP30k and PhP50k), DPchip (PhP55k or PhP65k????) and DTS (PhP35k). The Racechip Pro cost only PhP24,000 for a Tsikot member, which you already are sir ;)

Goodluck!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sirs, sorry for my ignorance. is it possible to install a tuning chip into a crosswind? i read all the power gains they mentioned here. considering that crosswinds are makupad, it might be good. kung pwede.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    sirs, sorry for my ignorance. is it possible to install a tuning chip into a crosswind? i read all the power gains they mentioned here. considering that crosswinds are makupad, it might be good. kung pwede.
    Not applicable for the Crosswind sir, as it has to be CRDi-engine.

Kind regards.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Not applicable for the Crosswind sir, as it has to be CRDi-engine.
    +1. I originally wanted to adapt the idea on my '83 240d --- no dice for as already mentioned. Sayang.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    +1. I originally wanted to adapt the idea on my '83 240d --- no dice for as already mentioned. Sayang.
    Boss Benz, CRDi ang Trooper 4JX1 di ba? Pupuede ito sir.

You may reach Mike-the-Man at 09178611413 for specifics or Jedi of Tsikot at 09053338777.

As mentioned, Mike is an Isuzu boy hehe ;)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011

This is my city-driving fuel consumption at B and C dial-combo with the Racechip Pro, 13.5 km per litre.

Couldn't stop grinning with the added oomph at 2000 rpm and above (you would notice this once you have it in your DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ) plus the sizeable fuel-savings. Off-city long-distance fuel mileage should even be better, i believe so.

This is how the chip looks like

And you would need this set of tools that cost only PhP150 to open the lid and make adjustments (take note, one-notch or one-step up at a time)

Today, i have just adjusted two notches up in one of the dials (the one nearest to the screw socket) to B and E combo and like even more the power gained by seat-of-pants feel.... All i shall do now is to check on my fuel-mileage. i can say that i'm already happy at this current-setting and shall keep it prior to having it tested and dyno-optimised at Speedlab Racing

As you can see the Racechip has two-16 notch dials where the highest is at 7 and 7. i am still at the low-lower range of the combination. However, as mentioned by Mike of Racechip, no one is using 7 and 7 anyway, and that the chip should not exceed the limit of safety set at the car's ECU and this is where Ferman Lao of Speedlab is very good at.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Boss Benz, CRDi ang Trooper 4JX1 di ba? Pupuede ito sir.

You may reach Mike-the-Man at 09178611413 for specifics or Jedi of Tsikot at 09053338777.

As mentioned, Mike is an Isuzu boy hehe ;)
    Yes sir! A little bit of trivia, the Isuzu Trooper is actually the 1st CRDI engine locally available here in the Philippines, not as Hyundai claim they are.

This is my city-driving fuel consumption at B and C dial-combo with the Racechip Pro, 13.5 km per litre.

Couldn't stop grinning with the added oomph at 2000 rpm and above (you would notice this once you have it in your DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ) plus the sizeable fuel-savings. Off-city long-distance fuel mileage should even be better, i believe so.

Panalo partner! What was your average consumption prior to installing the chip?

This is how the chip looks like

And you would need this set of tools that cost only PhP150 to open the lid and make adjustments (take note, one-notch or one-step up at a time)
    Eto ang ultimate panalo! I should get one myself soon.... so handy but cheap. Thanks for sharing.

Today, i have just adjusted two notches up in one of the dials (the one nearest to the screw socket) to B and E combo and like even more the power gained by seat-of-pants feel.... All i shall do now is to check on my fuel-mileage. i can say that i'm already happy at this current-setting and shall keep it prior to having it tested and dyno-optimized at Speedlab Racing

As you can see the Racechip has two-16 notch dials where the highest is at 7 and 7. i am still at the low-lower range of the combination. However, as mentioned by Mike of Racechip, no one is using 7 and 7 anyway, and that the chip should not exceed the limit of safety set at the car's ECU and this is where Ferman Lao of Speedlab is very good at.
    There you go ladies and gentlemen, an actual testimonial of how effective this Racechip is and it's contribution to everyone's goal of maxed fuel efficiency without compromising performance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
To all 3.0-litre DMax owners: Which diesel EFi-tuning chip is better?