New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Yes sir! A little bit of trivia, the Isuzu Trooper is actually the 1st CRDI engine locally available here in the Philippines, not as Hyundai claim they are.

Panalo partner! What was your average consumption prior to installing the chip?

Boss Benz, posted this at the Racechip Pro official thread here at tsikot and at page 9 of this very thread....

Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    Boss-among-tunay Jedi,

Thanks heaps for the Racechip Pro!! Kaya sa yo lang ako eh haha!
    [/SIZE]

All i can say is that those German diesel EFi-chip developers really know what they're doing! As you saw, i am currently tuned only at the low-lower combo with the two 16-notch dials but the power gains of the Isuzu DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ off-the-bottom all the way up is already very much pronounced even just by seat-of-pants!

Looking forward to a long-and-satisfying relationship with the chip.

Best regards also to Boss Mike the Man and Chao!
    ....Inform Boss Mike that my city-driving fuel consumption also improved a lot from a previous 10.5 km per litre prior to the chip installation yesterday to 12.5 km per litre after our one-time test drive, and after driving from Tsikot shop to Quezon City via C5

Keep up the good work guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wow~ a German who actually likes Isuzu's! Were you able to dyno your D-Max to see the extent of performance increase?
    Boss GTi, i may have answers now as per the power gain at my current setting at B-E dial combo.... Still theoretical though (no dyno) BUT is "indicative" already of what is claimed by Racechip Pro at their German website. Was also able to talked to Mike about the two-dials and their functions.

Take note that adjusting the dial next to the screw-slot is the one that increases power by 1.5% than the preceding click. From the stock-setting (prior to installation), going thru the lowest-setting at 8 and now onto E, i have upped my power by as much as 1.015^7 (that is 1.015 raised to the 7th, not 1.015 x 7).

Thus, using the official 146.0 metric-hp DIN for the DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ as baseline, i'm making around 162.0 metric-hp (146 x 1.1098) at my current B-E setting. i'm having the power of the 3.0-litre Toyota Hilux D4-D for a 4x2 pickup that weighs only 2650 kg, the lightest in the class of 2.5-litre and 3.0 to 3.2-litre 4-cylinder diesel pickups in the Philippines hehehehe ....And to top it off, i'm having a Metro Manila city-driving fuel-consumption of 13.4 km per litre haha!

Maxing-out all the clicks of the dial closest to the screw-slot to 7, thus all-in-all 16 steps from stock-setting, that is 1.27% increase in power, and if i'm lucky that the DMax doesn't experience a limp-mode, i'd be making around 185.3 metric-hp, which is close to the official Racechip Pro claim of 189.0 metric-hp.

On the other hand, the dial that is away from the screw-slot, or the one near the API (program interface slots), is the one used to manage the duration on how the power increase be distributed along the rpm range/ powerband. If you want it distributed widely along the powerband, then click onto the 16-notch dials in an increasing manner say from the lowest 8 to the maximum 7. i'm at B at the moment and will go to C any time soon hehe....

One 3.0-litre Toyota Fortuner D4-D owner is actually set-up at 7-7 combo without any limp-mode WOW!!!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Gentlemen, kindly check this out using your Facebook accounts ---- A fellow DMax'er from Cebu had his 2011 DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ auto-tranny chassis-dynoed before-and-after installing the Racechip Pro.

From 102 wheel-hp to 140 wheel-hp at a lower-low dial setting of B-D. That is a truly sizeable 38 bhp gained at the wheel ;)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/racec...type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/groups/racec...s/racechippro/

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011

September 2011

Mike Blum (the one standing at the side of the pickup, certainly not the guy in orange with a dry dishevelled hair) installing the Racechip Pro into my 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ, fronting Tsikot shop in Taguig City

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sana available dn sa CEBU... para sa alterra namin...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by isyurk View Post
    Sir, meron po from Cebu City mismo nag-install siya ng Racechip Pro for his DMax (refer to post no. 23). He even had it dyno-tested and posted his findings at the Facebook's page "Racechip Pro PH User Group".

You may inquire thru him, Mr. Irwin Ngo, where'd he source the tuning chip.

Goodluck!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    is there a similar chip for us non crdi users?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jonMk2 View Post
    is there a similar chip for us non crdi users?
    Try asking DTS Philippines sir, though not really sure.... Also, make an enquiry at Berrima Diesel in Mandaluyong about the DPChip.

You will find the number of DTS Philippines at the Engine and Fuel System Talk page of this site (see one of the stickies thereat), while you may search through the internet about Berrima Diesel Philippines.

Goodluck!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by isyurk View Post
    You may also look sir for Christian Casas, Racechip Pro distributor at Cebu.... Irwin Ngo got his from him....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Try asking DTS Philippines sir, though not really sure.... Also, make an enquiry at Berrima Diesel in Mandaluyong about the DPChip.

You will find the number of DTS Philippines at the Engine and Fuel System Talk page of this site (see one of the stickies thereat), while you may search through the internet about Berrima Diesel Philippines.

Goodluck!

one slight problem sir, i forgot to say i am in cebu =(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
To all 3.0-litre DMax owners: Which diesel EFi-tuning chip is better?