New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Whistling sound? We had that problem before, pero lumalabas yung sound na yan kapag kumikilos ang kotse, medyo parang Fortuner na tumatakbo ang dating. There was that sound tapos walang hatak ang kotse, ang bagal mag-accelerate. Yun pala nasira na ang turbo. Pinalitan namin yan ng Japan surplus for, if memory serves me right, 50k.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Whistling sound? We had that problem before, pero lumalabas yung sound na yan kapag kumikilos ang kotse, medyo parang Fortuner na tumatakbo ang dating. There was that sound tapos walang hatak ang kotse, ang bagal mag-accelerate. Yun pala nasira na ang turbo. Pinalitan namin yan ng Japan surplus for, if memory serves me right, 50k.

mine is it have a whistling kung less than 40 kph. tapos bigla mawala... may hatak ung kotse. nag whistle if i turn off the aircon

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    go to an AC shop since na isolate mo na pag naka on lang ac. baka yung bearing tensioner lang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    good evening mga sir is 2000 model trooper with 4jx1 engine din

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK 98-05 Troopers have the 4JX1 engine. If you're not sure, look for the Dd 3.0DOHC badge at the back of local Troopers, and 3.0D badge for the Subic Troopers.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    AFAIK 98-05 Troopers have the 4JX1 engine. If you're not sure, look for the Dd 3.0DOHC badge at the back of local Troopers, and 3.0D badge for the Subic Troopers.
    thank you sir i had agreed to have my brother in law's trooper 2000, napasubo yata ako but he garanteed me na ok daw yon and had replaced the injector na what can i expect? sirain din ba ang mga ito pacencya na bago lang po. by the way local po ito

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    until midlle of 99 4jg2 pa local trooper. malaki posibililidad nyang nabile mo e 4jx1 na

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FYR View Post
    thank you sir i had agreed to have my brother in law's trooper 2000, napasubo yata ako but he garanteed me na ok daw yon and had replaced the injector na what can i expect? sirain din ba ang mga ito pacencya na bago lang po. by the way local po ito
    We have an '02 model, and yes maintenance can be quite costly at times. But so far the costliest repair we've made with the Trooper from day 1 till now was just the turbo replacement for 50k, compared to the 200k transmission replacement with our '97 Accord back in 2002. Slight grudges I have with this car is the beige interior which can be a pain to clean, the easily broken map light switches, and the headlights that are somewhat inadequate (OEM foglamps and Philips XtremePower bulbs should remedy that). Otherwise, its a good vehicle that will serve you well, as long as you religiously follow the maintenance procedures and use the right kind of motor oil (5W30). It gives a comfortable ride for an SUV, though handling isn't really good and it leans when going through corners. Even the 4x2 can do mild offroading due to its engine power and LSD. Its mighty fast too, able to keep pace with Fortuners without breaking a sweat.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thank you very much for the info i'll follow your advice.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    We have an '02 model, and yes maintenance can be quite costly at times. But so far the costliest repair we've made with the Trooper from day 1 till now was just the turbo replacement for 50k, compared to the 200k transmission replacement with our '97 Accord back in 2002. Slight grudges I have with this car is the beige interior which can be a pain to clean, the easily broken map light switches, and the headlights that are somewhat inadequate (OEM foglamps and Philips XtremePower bulbs should remedy that). Otherwise, its a good vehicle that will serve you well, as long as you religiously follow the maintenance procedures and use the right kind of motor oil (5W30). It gives a comfortable ride for an SUV, though handling isn't really good and it leans when going through corners. Even the 4x2 can do mild offroading due to its engine power and LSD. Its mighty fast too, able to keep pace with Fortuners without breaking a sweat.
    sir.. how come the isuzu CASA use 10w 30 on my isuzu trooper in 160km reading.. thanx

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
4JX1 - Isuzu Trooper troubles already resolved?