Hi Experienced Isuzu Owners!

I need your honest opinions on this matter: A relative of mine is selling an Isuzu Trooper 2003 (the non-Skyroof Ed) to me for P650,000. I've been thinking about it, but thanks to a dear friend of mine who invited me to be a member of tsikot.com, I got to learn of the horrors that many Trooper-Owners have undergone, because of deffects in the 4JX1 engine.

Actually, the Turbo-charger of this unit was already replaced by Isuzu Gencars Makati. Mabuti na lang, under warranty pa ang unit during that time. My friends says that the next thing that might give with the engine is the Common Rail Direct Injection system.

To Trooper owners who received their recall letters from IPC and already had their CRDi systems replaced: did the replacement rectify the engines problems? Naging worry-free na ba ang pag-gamit niyo ng Troopers niyo, or did God forbid, more troubles occur from this CRDi replacement?

My father owns a 2001 4x4 M/T Trooper, with a 3.1 Liter turbo-diesel engine. With God's grace, its still running like a well-oiled battle truck! I am a proud owner of a US Version, Isuzu Rodeo 1996, 4x2 with a good 2.6 Liter gas 4ZE1 engine. I am an Isuzu fan but i'm really being spooked by all the heartaches I have read from the P.A.I.T. thread.

Question: Shall I buy the 2003 A/T Isuzu Trooper or for P650,000 not?

Thanks so much in advance for you comments or opinions regarding my concerns.

Rodeo Boy