New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi Experienced Isuzu Owners!

I need your honest opinions on this matter: A relative of mine is selling an Isuzu Trooper 2003 (the non-Skyroof Ed) to me for P650,000. I've been thinking about it, but thanks to a dear friend of mine who invited me to be a member of tsikot.com, I got to learn of the horrors that many Trooper-Owners have undergone, because of deffects in the 4JX1 engine.

Actually, the Turbo-charger of this unit was already replaced by Isuzu Gencars Makati. Mabuti na lang, under warranty pa ang unit during that time. My friends says that the next thing that might give with the engine is the Common Rail Direct Injection system.

To Trooper owners who received their recall letters from IPC and already had their CRDi systems replaced: did the replacement rectify the engines problems? Naging worry-free na ba ang pag-gamit niyo ng Troopers niyo, or did God forbid, more troubles occur from this CRDi replacement?

My father owns a 2001 4x4 M/T Trooper, with a 3.1 Liter turbo-diesel engine. With God's grace, its still running like a well-oiled battle truck! I am a proud owner of a US Version, Isuzu Rodeo 1996, 4x2 with a good 2.6 Liter gas 4ZE1 engine. I am an Isuzu fan but i'm really being spooked by all the heartaches I have read from the P.A.I.T. thread.

Question: Shall I buy the 2003 A/T Isuzu Trooper or for P650,000 not?

Thanks so much in advance for you comments or opinions regarding my concerns.

Rodeo Boy

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Until now there is no solution to avoid the flaws of 4jx1. The only thing you can do to avoid this is to be pro active maintenance. Replace the injector after 60K, in the UK they replace the engine to 4JB1T see this link http://www.mbs4x4.co.uk/engine.php to permanent solve the problematic 4jx1. Kaso for manual transmission lang.

Quote Originally Posted by talarms View Post
    Hi Experienced Isuzu Owners!

I need your honest opinions on this matter: A relative of mine is selling an Isuzu Trooper 2003 (the non-Skyroof Ed) to me for P650,000. I've been thinking about it, but thanks to a dear friend of mine who invited me to be a member of tsikot.com, I got to learn of the horrors that many Trooper-Owners have undergone, because of deffects in the 4JX1 engine.

Actually, the Turbo-charger of this unit was already replaced by Isuzu Gencars Makati. Mabuti na lang, under warranty pa ang unit during that time. My friends says that the next thing that might give with the engine is the Common Rail Direct Injection system.

To Trooper owners who received their recall letters from IPC and already had their CRDi systems replaced: did the replacement rectify the engines problems? Naging worry-free na ba ang pag-gamit niyo ng Troopers niyo, or did God forbid, more troubles occur from this CRDi replacement?

My father owns a 2001 4x4 M/T Trooper, with a 3.1 Liter turbo-diesel engine. With God's grace, its still running like a well-oiled battle truck! I am a proud owner of a US Version, Isuzu Rodeo 1996, 4x2 with a good 2.6 Liter gas 4ZE1 engine. I am an Isuzu fan but i'm really being spooked by all the heartaches I have read from the P.A.I.T. thread.

Question: Shall I buy the 2003 A/T Isuzu Trooper or for P650,000 not?

Thanks so much in advance for you comments or opinions regarding my concerns.

Rodeo Boy

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I used to own 2003 4jx1 but sunroof edition, sold it before it reached 5 years with me. If I were you, don't buy it, in the future you will encounter problems. Save yourself from a headache and get something else. But if you want a trooper, get any other version of the engine, basta wag lang 4jx1.

Ive read of the parts being fixed or replaced, but after a few years, sira na naman, better to just avoid it totally. there are better SUV out there.

my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Enticing but it would become a P650,000 worth of headache. Its doggone vehicle to maintain. Owners are desperately trying to get rid of their units bakit sasaluhin mo?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For 650,000 pesos...you are not buying a car...you are buying a problem.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    use it as a dp instead and buy a nice midsize SUV like Everest DuraTorq 4x4, Montero Sport DiD 4x4 or Santa Fe CRDi 4x4. Yun, mataas ang chances na wala ka magiging problema.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For me, there's nothing really wrong with the Trooper. Our 2002 non-Skyroof is still as good as new even after all these years. Never even encountered those injector problems. Nothing in the engine has been replaced. Its mighty fast, comfortable and fairly fuel efficient too. Heck, through the years many people have offered to buy our unit even for as high as 700-800k! However, as always, 2nd hand cars still have to be bought with caution.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    For me, there's nothing really wrong with the Trooper. Our 2002 non-Skyroof is still as good as new even after all these years. Never even encountered those injector problems...
    Sir, what's the mileage of your Trooper? Injector problems usually come to fore when the vehicle has logged quite a sizeable number of kilometers--from a buddy's situation around 270,000 km (about 4 years from its 2003 acquisition).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thank you very much for your highly-valued opinions! I will keep all your comments in mind, before making any final decisions. God Bless you NAP123!!!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    we had our trooper since 2003 and replaced the injector 1 already, waranty lahat naman sympre... but after repalcing the injectors, we repalced some sensors, etc sa engine para to ensure ok ang takbo.. i have found out that the sensors might have been also affected when the engine has gone wild.. but sindce then no prob ang trooper namin... been using it kuing maglong drive and going to mountain areas for eating at fiestas... hahahaha.... and maintenace is every 3 months change oil and change fuel filter... magasto nga naman but its a way to beat the prob, injector prob is caused by the oil being too used or took too loing to change oil, the so called "spirit" or vitality of the oil is already gone... oil driven or pushed ang mga injectors ng trooper, so you need always a good condition oil, since the new models ngayon doesnt have that configuration anymore, trooper also is choosy in the oil you put in, always use a fully synthetic 5w30 grade, i dont use other oil but the one sold by isuzu called the "econoparts" alot cheaper than the besco brand but is good for the trooper...

kahit ibenta ko eto ngaun i would feel confident that the buyer wont have regrets.. i have spent talaga on its maintenance and servicing... its up to the buyer narin kung i.maintain nya properly ang trooper and kung hindi, there would be big chance masisira rin ang injectors.. usually what i have found out sa mga trooper owners nasiraan ng injectors is that the maintenance is usually the cause... kc my cousin had a trooper same as mine and we both have the same kind of maintenance, wala prob sa kanya, he just sold it cuase he wana buy the prado.. hehehehe... but since the 2nd owner had it, and didint follow the maintenance we did he is having some prob with the unit already...

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
4JX1 - Isuzu Trooper troubles already resolved?