New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ngayon na lumabas na ang Colorado... Ineclipse talaga ang D-Max in terms of performance! Yung torque parang cinompare ang current Ranger (380Nm) at upcoming Ranger (470Nm) ! And to think that the Colorado's engine is 200cc smaller in terms of displacement, and also that this engine is actually made by Isuzu!
    Easy ka lang boss GTi. Maxsiado ka naman high-blood and assuming eh

It's VM Motori (an Italian diesel company), the one behind the development of the new 2012 Chevy Colorado engines. GM has far differentiated itself from Isuzu Japan as far way back 5 years ago on concept models that are now being realised in the newer models.

While the new Chevy has a pulling force of 470 Nm like the 5-cylinder 3.2-litre Ford Ranger, it is still 20-hp lesser than the 200 metric-hp new Ranger. The RT-50 is also 20-hp less, rated at 177 bhp.

Besides, since the new DMax RT-50 and this Chevy are just 4-straight cylinders, when it comes to smoothness and power put onto the wheels, they still have no match to the straight-penta 2012 Ford Ranger. But all of this doesn't still worry me, i would still love to have an Isuzu, either the 3.0-litre 2006 model DMax VGS Turbo that the previous Chevy Colorado diesel shared engine and platform with, or this 2012 RT-50.

Don't you just wonder why the Toyota Hilux is still the most well-loved pickup in the world no matter how many crap that pundits-and-fanatics of other brands throw against it, and why TOYOTA is the best quality car brand and the best-selling car manufacturer in the world, even eclipsing Mercedes-Benz and BMW in a recent international product quality review that TopGear Phils. posted into its website just so recently??? ---- BECAUSE, a lot of times, it is TRUST in the product that people buy their cars. It's also the same principle when you cast a vote for your President. Sure, there are a lot of seemingly better brands out there, just like there are a lot more intelligent presidential candidates out there, better than Noynoy Aquino, let's say, for argument's sake.... But trust is trust (compiansa, ika nga sa Pinoy o Español, sa isang tao o bagay), and it's all that matter at the end of the day.... That's why i still want an Isuzu, simple lang naman gusto natin at pananaw sir ;)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post

It's VM Motori (an Italian diesel company), the one behind the development of the new 2012 Chevy Colorado engines. GM has far differentiated itself from Isuzu Japan as far way back 5 years ago on concept models that are now being realised in the newer models.

While the new Chevy has a pulling force of 470 Nm like the 5-cylinder 3.2-litre Ford Ranger, it is still 20-hp lesser than the 200 metric-hp new Ranger. The RT-50 is also 20-hp less, rated at 177 bhp.

Besides, since the new DMax RT-50 and this Chevy are just 4-straight cylinders, when it comes to smoothness and power put onto the wheels, they still have no match to the straight-penta 2012 Ford Ranger. But all of this doesn't still worry me, i would still love to have an Isuzu, either the 3.0-litre 2006 model DMax VGS Turbo that the previous Chevy Colorado diesel shared engine and platform with, or this 2012 RT-50.

Don't you just wonder why the Toyota Hilux is still the most well-loved pickup in the world no matter how many crap that pundits-and-fanatics of other brands throw against it, and why TOYOTA is the best quality car brand and the best-selling car manufacturer in the world, even eclipsing Mercedes-Benz and BMW in a recent international product quality review that TopGear Phils. posted into its website just so recently??? ---- BECAUSE, a lot of times, it is TRUST in the product that people buy their cars. It's also the same principle when you cast a vote for your President. Sure, there are a lot of seemingly better brands out there, just like there are a lot more intelligent presidential candidates out there, better than Noynoy Aquino, let's say, for argument's sake.... But trust is trust (compiansa, ika nga sa Pinoy o Español, sa isang tao o bagay), and it's all that matter at the end of the day.... That's why i still want an Isuzu, simple lang naman gusto natin at pananaw sir ;)

Walang naghihigh blood dito, napakalusog ko po bro!

Ganon? I always thought Isuzu was responsible for GM's Duramax line of engines. Hindi pala lahat? Nagtaka lang ako kung bakit hindi nila ginamit ang Duramax kung sila rin naman gumawa at kung bakit hindi sila naging mas competitive considering that the Colorado and D-Max are competing at the same market. BTW, yung sinabing 2.5L na commonrail, yun na ba yung 4JK1? Mukhang lagging behind din ito in terms of tech ah. May VGT din ba yan?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Walang naghihigh blood dito, napakalusog ko po bro!

Ganon? I always thought Isuzu was responsible for GM's Duramax line of engines. Hindi pala lahat? Nagtaka lang ako kung bakit hindi nila ginamit ang Duramax kung sila rin naman gumawa at kung bakit hindi sila naging mas competitive considering that the Colorado and D-Max are competing at the same market. BTW, yung sinabing 2.5L na commonrail, yun na ba yung 4JK1? Mukhang lagging behind din ito in terms of tech ah. May VGT din ba yan?
    Yup boss GTi, yung 6.6-litre GM Duramax is the brainchild of Isuzu with GM when times were better between the two.

Yung lumang 4JK1-TC ay Ddi-iTEQ din na halos kasabayan ng 2004 model na 4JJ1-TC Ddi-iTEQ na hanggang ngaun nakasalpak pa sa mga DMax natin sa Pinas. Lahat ng nakikita mong Ddi-iTEQ sa Pinas ay 2004 model pa makina ng mga yan, kaya huwag ka na magtaka sir bakit lagging behind sila sa power. Sadyang wastegate turbochargers lang ang mga ginagamit sa mga yan and not VGT.

Yung VGT naman na 3.0-litre DMax ay 4JJ1-TCX ang code at 2006 engine model pa ito. Luma na din kaya nga 163 metric-hp at 360 Nm ang power at torque nito when at that time, malakas-lakas na ito sa isang midsize diesel pickup.... Itong mga bago lang na nagka-VGT ngaun, maliban sa Toyota Hilux na isa sa mga originals na nagkaroon ng VGT noong 2001 din, siempre pipilitin nilang itaas ang boost pressures nila para masabi lang na mas powerful sila kaysa Toyota Hilux at sa DMax....
    ....Like i kept reiterating naman sir, 2001 pa may VGT ang Isuzu at CRDi (commonrail) engine. Sila din ang nag-originate ng diecast pure aluminium block engine na CRDi na at may VGT pa.... Kaso, binebenta lang nila mga ito sa Europe to Saab of Sweden, Renault of France, and Opel of Germany since 2001 pa. Hanggang ngaun, tayong mga Pinoy including the rest of the Southeast Asians, except Thailand, ang wala pa ring mga VGT sa mga Isuzu natin. Just remember na din boss GTi, unlike Toyota and other brands, Isuzu far differentiates its engine variants at its product from continent-to-continent kaya mas moderno ang mga nasa ibang bansa at huli palagi ang mga Pinoy (kung minsan nga sadyang wala pa tayo ng ganyang mga modelo hehe) ;)

May VGT na yata ang 2.5-litre 4JK1-TC dahil tumaas yata ang power at torque nito. Nagkataon lang na hindi ako mahilig sa mga 2.5-litre diesel pickups kahit anong brand pa yan dahil kabisadong-kabisado ko sila (Navara, 2.5-litre DMax, Strada, 2.5-litre Hilux, 2.5-litre Ranger) kung ano character nila kapag nakargahan na at sa akyatan kahit pa sa papel ang gaganda ng mga specs nila.... Madaling makabulag mga paper-specs sa totoo lang hehe

Heto lang kaunting tanong para sa yo sir GTi:

1. Nakapagmanejo ka na ba ng lagging-behind sa power 2001 engine-model na 3.0-litre DMax 4JH1-TC (136 hp, 294 Nm torque) sa akyatan at kargado ito sa dirtroad gaya ng sa trabajo namin?

2. Nakapagmanejo ka na din ba ng lagging-behind sa power 2004 engine-model na 3.0-litre DMax 4JJ1-TC (146 hp, 294 Nm torque or 315 Nm torque for the Alterra) sa akyatan at kargado ito sa dirtroad gaya ng sa trabajo namin?

3. Nakapagmanejo ka na din ba ng mas lalong lagging-behind na 1993 model 3.0-litre Toyota Prado (130 hp, 280 Nm torque) sa ganito din na environment na matatarik na akyatan?

4. Nais mo ba sir makapagmanejo ng 47 hp na 96-kg lang (or 0.096 tonne) na dirtbike sa bundok para malaman mo gaano ang tama ng ganitong kataas na power-to-weight ratio na hindi mo makukuha diyan sa lahat ng pickups na yan na mukhang manghang-mangha ka sa paper-specs nila, lalong-lalo na sa bagong Chevy Colorado at bagong Ford Ranger?

[COLOR="#000000"]The VW Amarok is only 2.0-litre diesel but it's equipped with twin-turbo (VW calls it bi-stage or dual-stage turbochargers).... With that so much boost pressure available, it makes the same power like the Hilux 3.0 D4-D and it produces more peak torque (400 Nm) starting at a low-rev of 1500 rpm. The Hilux is using a VGT/VNT and it looks like it's only there to add just a bit more power and just to remove/reduce the turbo-lag typical of older diesels. The 1KD-FTV engine of the Hilux and the Prado was conceived as early as 2001 and it had always been VNT-equipped.

In pickup comparos, the Hilux slightly edges out the Amarok in offroad, especially in crawling manners (low-speed climbing), but the Amarok is miles better than the Hilux in on-road driving, which according to experts, VW upped the ante in road-handling of pickups.
    There are also some versions of the Amarok coming with a single turbocharger, just with 122hp, but still with a good torque. Actually, the problem with the Amarok is more about its price and the lesser dependability of its engine comparing to Toyota. Volkswagen is having some problems with the amount of ash in some lube oils...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Palagi may hangover ng performance ng Korean cars.

Pero hindi pa nakaka-drive

Kung seryoso na sila dun sa 3.0 Ddi VGS, masaya 'to!

All-new yan diba, as in new generation D-Max. Di tulad nung... na puro facelift

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Official TV ads from Thailand:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Maiissue kaya agad ito sa philippines? I recently bought dmax 2012 (though bedliner lang daw yung difference nito sa 2011). Baka sa end pa ng 2012 pa mairelease ito?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    now imagine if isuzu philippines releasses a "boondock" version of this one complete with all-terrain tires. just put the pricing right smack below the strada and hilux territories and isuzu's pretty much got a winner there.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Still no audio controls on the steering wheel? And I guess no auto up power window?

I wonder why Isuzu vehicles do not have these.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Still no audio controls on the steering wheel?

I much prefer the two separate remote controls, one for the front passengers and a separate remote for the rear passengers a la Alterra, over the steering wheel controls as found on the Sportivo. When I drive, I concentrate fully on the road, and I never drive alone. My front passenger can enjoy a different program from the rear passengers, and for me, that is just wonderful.

And I guess no auto up power window?

Yeah, I'm with you in a big way on this one! I really would like to have "Express up" on the driver's side (only) window.

I wonder why Isuzu vehicles do not have these.[/quote]

The 2008 Sportivo of my wife's cousin has steering wheel radio controls.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast