New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'm planning to buy non-reclinable MOMO racing seats for my MR2 but I just have a few questions:

- are they comfortable for daily use?
    - will the passenger (e.g. GF/Wife) feel comfortable siting on a non-reclinable seat?
    - will it look weird if I just have 1 racing seat for the driver and keep the orig passenger seat?
    - would reclinable racing seats be a better option? will it still be comfortable?

first time buyer so I just wanted to be sure. thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    wag na lang sir sayang lang ang pera mo di ka din magiging confo dyan kung anu yung stock ng oto mo mas maganda ganun pa din;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends how do you sit, ako I usually sit straight so ok lang, problem lang is if you want to rest a bit when waiting for someone. passengers din iba-iba sitting habit kaya yun ang problema. get a reclinable racing seats na lang.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Unless you race the MR2 then it would serve no purpose. But if you want to use one just get it for the drivers seat only and let your passenger be able to recline. Come to think of it there isn't much room to recline in an MR2 anyways.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me, I'd get one for the driver's seat only.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    kung kasya nga sa MR2 yun eh i'd go for a reclinable racing seats. hindi comfortable ang hindi narerecline on long hours of driving at heavy traffic
    mas ok sa front passenger kung captain seats pwede hehehe though ok din yung 2 racing seats na reclinable. check mo muna isa, pag pangit isang racing seat edi gawin mong dalawa pero parang mas maganda 2 pcs kasi parang hindi balanced ang dating kung isa lang hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk_diggler View Post
    I'm planning to buy non-reclinable MOMO racing seats for my MR2 but I just have a few questions:

- are they comfortable for daily use?
    - will the passenger (e.g. GF/Wife) feel comfortable siting on a non-reclinable seat?
    - will it look weird if I just have 1 racing seat for the driver and keep the orig passenger seat?
    - would reclinable racing seats be a better option? will it still be comfortable?

first time buyer so I just wanted to be sure. thanks
    1. NO. i may be a little spoiled compared to others here (niky for example i know has had quite a bit of track time so he might be more tolerant), but even the best Recaros are a PITA (literally ) for me. now, i have had some sciatic nerve damage from weightlifting so it might be tolerable for you. but definitely....

2. HELL NO. i guarantee your GF or wife will hate it.

3. debatable. i think it looks ricey usually. but if you are racing on a budget then it might be your only option. come to think of it, IMO racing seats are always ricey if you never track your car. but it's your money and my opinion matters very little when you decide what to spend it on.

4. more comfortable, yes. but why not try to find a seat constructed like the stocker BMW sport package seats that are both highly supportive but also comfortable for long stretches of driving. only downside is that they are not at all light.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Me? Even on the racetrack, I find fixed buckets unbearable... but there are reclinable Recaros that are decent (or at least better than stock Honda seats). I drive long distance so much that I prefer seats on the less restrictive side... but they still have to be supportive, as ultra-soft seats can also lead to back pains over long distances.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Reclining sport seats should be your ticket. They offer the lateral support of the fixed bucket seats but still offer leeway in terms of adjustment.

I installed Recaro SRDs in my Jazz. Other than having to adjust to the lower eyepoint and the seatback adjustment knob (vs. the ubiquitous lever on stock seats), they are fuss-free. Lumbar, thigh and lateral support were the major benefits - and my girlfriend likes 'em too.

They do hug your bilbil though. Heheheh.

are non-reclinable racing seats uncomfortable for daily use?