New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'm planning to buy non-reclinable MOMO racing seats for my MR2 but I just have a few questions:

- are they comfortable for daily use?
    - will the passenger (e.g. GF/Wife) feel comfortable siting on a non-reclinable seat?
    - will it look weird if I just have 1 racing seat for the driver and keep the orig passenger seat?
    - would reclinable racing seats be a better option? will it still be comfortable?

first time buyer so I just wanted to be sure. thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    wag na lang sir sayang lang ang pera mo di ka din magiging confo dyan kung anu yung stock ng oto mo mas maganda ganun pa din;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends how do you sit, ako I usually sit straight so ok lang, problem lang is if you want to rest a bit when waiting for someone. passengers din iba-iba sitting habit kaya yun ang problema. get a reclinable racing seats na lang.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Unless you race the MR2 then it would serve no purpose. But if you want to use one just get it for the drivers seat only and let your passenger be able to recline. Come to think of it there isn't much room to recline in an MR2 anyways.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me, I'd get one for the driver's seat only.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    kung kasya nga sa MR2 yun eh i'd go for a reclinable racing seats. hindi comfortable ang hindi narerecline on long hours of driving at heavy traffic
    mas ok sa front passenger kung captain seats pwede hehehe though ok din yung 2 racing seats na reclinable. check mo muna isa, pag pangit isang racing seat edi gawin mong dalawa pero parang mas maganda 2 pcs kasi parang hindi balanced ang dating kung isa lang hehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are reclinable Recaros. 100% better support than stock, and they feel like being strapped into a torture rack.

A lot of racers just buy the driver's side. There's really no need for the passenger to have support against 1g lateral... they're not driving. You only buy the pair if you're loaded or you're buying for show... but if you're buying it for the looks, leather stock seats look much better than most affordable racing seats.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    iba iba ang opinions ah? hehehe. i kinda expected that since conflicted din ako kung ipa-leather ko un seats ko or buy racing seats. i haven't raced my mr2 at all, and gusto ko lang maganda un interior. baka nga pa leather ko na lang. ang nakikita ko lang na disadvantage dun is mainit and mejo matigas na un seats pagka very snug ang fit.

thanks for the replies!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There are reclinable Recaros. 100% better support than stock, and they feel like being strapped into a torture rack.

A lot of racers just buy the driver's side. There's really no need for the passenger to have support against 1g lateral... they're not driving. You only buy the pair if you're loaded or you're buying for show... but if you're buying it for the looks, leather stock seats look much better than most affordable racing seats.
    Whoops... my mistake... I meant to say... they don't feel like being strapped into a torture rack.... it's the non-reclinables that I really really really hate.

If you're not racing, going for a good OEM-style leather covering would be good enough.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk_diggler View Post
    iba iba ang opinions ah? hehehe. i kinda expected that since conflicted din ako kung ipa-leather ko un seats ko or buy racing seats. i haven't raced my mr2 at all, and gusto ko lang maganda un interior. baka nga pa leather ko na lang. ang nakikita ko lang na disadvantage dun is mainit and mejo matigas na un seats pagka very snug ang fit.

thanks for the replies!
    You can just have the existing seats leathered. It will be more comfortable for long and short drives and even look better as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
are non-reclinable racing seats uncomfortable for daily use?