Please give me some advice on what to do on my less than 1 day only GS that has been diagnosed at my dealer, Hyundai Abad Santos, to have defective transmission. Here is gist of my email to HARI but yet to receive a reply.

To Hyundai Asia Resources Inc.;

Last Friday, February 18, 2011, we purchased a Hyundai Grand Starex TCI M/T 10 Seater Black unit from Hyundai Abad Santos. The unit was released late around 6pm already. On the way home I immediately felt that there was a problem with the 3rd gear as it keeps on slipping back to neutral upon deceleration or engine brake. The next morning I contacted our sales rep. and relayed the problem. He was very accommodating and then referred me to a Service Advisor which was also very prompt and accommodating.

I went back and had the mechanics test drove the unit and confirmed the 3rd gear slipping/grinding back to neutral. They tried to adjust the linkage and springs and instructed me to observe and return the unit today, Monday February 21, which I did this morning. They said they had already contacted a mechanic from main plant and will wait until this afternoon for the final diagnosis and part for replacement if necessary. I asked if it was possible to have the whole vehicle replaced, since apparently this is a Quality Control issue, but was calmly and directly assured that it was next to impossible and only the warranty will cover the problem. I am very disappointed, and so are my friends and family. We were about to get the new Accent Blue this March as well but depending on the outcome of this problem with our Starex we might hold off for now.

Please consider our sentiment, although the unit will be repaired eventually, this is a less than 24hr unit we're talking about and we are not supposed to deal with this type of headache/heartache almost immediately after rolling out the casa. It defeats the purpose of purchasing a brand new vehicle. By the way we also asked some trusted mechanics and shops and relayed the symptom. Almost all of them agreed that either the Synchro or the whole Transmission is the likely culprit, adding to our dismay. So again kindly consider our reasonable request. I have no gripes against Hyundai Abad Santos nor the Hyundai brand as a company and would like to believe this is an isolated case and that you will not let us down.

I've already called HARI Makati Customer Relations earlier as well. We are looking forward to the granting of our request for unit replacement and not just ordinary claim-against-warranty repair procedure. Hopefully you can forward this message to the higher management and coordinate with the dealer for our request for replacement.

Thank you very much and God Bless!

Now the S.A. told me that they are going to replace the whole transmission tomorrow. But I strongly feel very short-changed, this is not what I paid 1.2M for a brand new unit!

What to do guys, they make it seem that I don't have any choice but just accept the repair.