New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Please give me some advice on what to do on my less than 1 day only GS that has been diagnosed at my dealer, Hyundai Abad Santos, to have defective transmission. Here is gist of my email to HARI but yet to receive a reply.

To Hyundai Asia Resources Inc.;

Last Friday, February 18, 2011, we purchased a Hyundai Grand Starex TCI M/T 10 Seater Black unit from Hyundai Abad Santos. The unit was released late around 6pm already. On the way home I immediately felt that there was a problem with the 3rd gear as it keeps on slipping back to neutral upon deceleration or engine brake. The next morning I contacted our sales rep. and relayed the problem. He was very accommodating and then referred me to a Service Advisor which was also very prompt and accommodating.

I went back and had the mechanics test drove the unit and confirmed the 3rd gear slipping/grinding back to neutral. They tried to adjust the linkage and springs and instructed me to observe and return the unit today, Monday February 21, which I did this morning. They said they had already contacted a mechanic from main plant and will wait until this afternoon for the final diagnosis and part for replacement if necessary. I asked if it was possible to have the whole vehicle replaced, since apparently this is a Quality Control issue, but was calmly and directly assured that it was next to impossible and only the warranty will cover the problem. I am very disappointed, and so are my friends and family. We were about to get the new Accent Blue this March as well but depending on the outcome of this problem with our Starex we might hold off for now.

Please consider our sentiment, although the unit will be repaired eventually, this is a less than 24hr unit we're talking about and we are not supposed to deal with this type of headache/heartache almost immediately after rolling out the casa. It defeats the purpose of purchasing a brand new vehicle. By the way we also asked some trusted mechanics and shops and relayed the symptom. Almost all of them agreed that either the Synchro or the whole Transmission is the likely culprit, adding to our dismay. So again kindly consider our reasonable request. I have no gripes against Hyundai Abad Santos nor the Hyundai brand as a company and would like to believe this is an isolated case and that you will not let us down.

I've already called HARI Makati Customer Relations earlier as well. We are looking forward to the granting of our request for unit replacement and not just ordinary claim-against-warranty repair procedure. Hopefully you can forward this message to the higher management and coordinate with the dealer for our request for replacement.

Thank you very much and God Bless!

Now the S.A. told me that they are going to replace the whole transmission tomorrow. But I strongly feel very short-changed, this is not what I paid 1.2M for a brand new unit!

What to do guys, they make it seem that I don't have any choice but just accept the repair.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    You have the option of going to DTI.
    Might take longer though so prepare to have your car in the shop for a month.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hope this helps, i think #6 would apply in your case.
    http://dtincr.ph/faq_noreturn.php

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance_R View Post
    Please give me some advice on what to do on my less than 1 day only GS that has been diagnosed at my dealer, Hyundai Abad Santos, to have defective transmission. Here is gist of my email to HARI but yet to receive a reply.

Now the S.A. told me that they are going to replace the whole transmission tomorrow. But I strongly feel very short-changed, this is not what I paid 1.2M for a brand new unit!

What to do guys, they make it seem that I don't have any choice but just accept the repair.
    Sorry to hear this experience of yours but a complete replacement of vehicle is maybe too much.

A brand new transmission should be fair enough but what is best is: Hyundai should also give you the convenience while your vehicle transmission is waiting for replacement and/or pay you some damages. For example lending you a temporary unit and/or reimbursement for the incurred expenses due to the inconvenience(s).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hmmmm...
    pwd naman replace ng ibang unit..

like sa experience ko sa Hyundai Cebu-Mandaue..
    na receive ko yung tucson silky bronze gls ko na may maliit na dent sa roof..
    na notice ko lang yung damage nung nasa bahay na kami.. plus kasama ko pa ang taong nag deal sa tucson namin sa bahay.

nag report agad kami at may 3 options kami sabi ng manager ng hyundai..
    1. repair the dent using paintless dent repair.
    2. replace the unit with titanium gray gls kasi wala ng extra unit na sa silky bronze.
    3. wait for the new shipment for silky bronze gls (pero not sure pa kung kailan darating)

i take a look on the actual car na kulay titanium gray but hindi ko feel yung kulay eh..
    ive waited almost 5 months for the silky bronze tapos papalitan lang ng titanium gray.. so i prefer the option 1 kasi madali lang eh tapos i cant wait for the next shipment ng kulay silky..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Please do update us, bro., on any development...

This is disturbing....

12.3K:outcold:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ibalik mo sir, papalitan mo ng bago na walang sira.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa akin advice ko papalitan mo ng ibang unit . Factory defect iyan dapat dumadaan sa Quality control bago i release iyong unit nila para hindi masira sa costumer.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiso View Post
    hmmmm...
    pwd naman replace ng ibang unit..

like sa experience ko sa Hyundai Cebu-Mandaue..
    na receive ko yung tucson silky bronze gls ko na may maliit na dent sa roof..
    na notice ko lang yung damage nung nasa bahay na kami.. plus kasama ko pa ang taong nag deal sa tucson namin sa bahay.

nag report agad kami at may 3 options kami sabi ng manager ng hyundai..
    1. repair the dent using paintless dent repair.
    2. replace the unit with titanium gray gls kasi wala ng extra unit na sa silky bronze.
    3. wait for the new shipment for silky bronze gls (pero not sure pa kung kailan darating)

i take a look on the actual car na kulay titanium gray but hindi ko feel yung kulay eh..
    ive waited almost 5 months for the silky bronze tapos papalitan lang ng titanium gray.. so i prefer the option 1 kasi madali lang eh tapos i cant wait for the next shipment ng kulay silky..
    If dent is on the hood or on the door and if replacement parts are readily available, pretty sure there would be no more options offered other than to remove the affected parts, install the new one and tighten the bolts.

But in your case the roof was damaged. It's a welded part to the body. It can only be replaced with a new one by cut and weld procedure. Something that the Casa won't dare do on the brand new vehicle. So the three logical options were offered.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Hi guys thanks for the replies and advices. As of 10am today my SA told me that the new transmission is there already and I can get the unit today.

Ganon lang ba talaga kabilis magparating ng new transmission and have it installed?

Should I get the repaired unit or iwan ko muna and insist on a replacement? I have little hope that DTI would convene since malamang they will side with the offer of the casa. If ever it could take a long time, which i don't really have.

I was offered no such remuneration or any compensation for the incurred expenses, hassles, "trauma" that this has cause.

Palagay nga namin na alam na dapat nung nagdeliver from HARI Batangas yun, pero they chose to still release the unit. This is really an issue of quality control since malinaw na LEMON vehicle yung nabigay sa akin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Transmission Problem on Brand New GS TCI M/T