New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any idea on which company made the conversion and who supplied the windows? Baka yung windows galing dun sa same company na gumgawa ng sliding windows ng L300FB.

If it were up to me, I'd ditch the sliding window idea and just use a solid pane of glass. The Starex GRX uses a solid pane in that location and I don't want passengers opening the windows, it just makes the interior get dirty.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ditto on the solid glass pane. mahirap na rin kasi na baka mamaya may mga pasaway ka pang pasahero (or kids) na magbubukas ng bintana pos ilalabas yung kamay habang natakbo...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Any idea on which company made the conversion and who supplied the windows? Baka yung windows galing dun sa same company na gumgawa ng sliding windows ng L300FB.

If it were up to me, I'd ditch the sliding window idea and just use a solid pane of glass. The Starex GRX uses a solid pane in that location and I don't want passengers opening the windows, it just makes the interior get dirty.
    Lui told me it is also owned by the same people who own HARI so basically they are sister companies. I cannot remember the name of the company right now, I will ask the office and post the name when I report for work to the office tomorrow.
    I will consider permanently closing the sliding windows, But the first thing that I need to do is have it fix first. Our office have bought more than 15 L300 FBs over a period of 16 years, and I cannot remember my attention being called about leaking sliding windows. It seems that Almazora did a better job.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its any consolation, my friend's L300 FB had a leaking sliding window issue. So did my Pajero. On my Pajero, it leaked in only during washing with pressurized water but it never let the weather (e.g. your typical rainstorm) in even if it was left parked in the open.

Goodluck on getting it fixed.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I was really delighted that HARI launched a step down entry level starex, I known it for quite sometime but I've never had the chance to see it in person.
    parang konti palang ata ang meron, pero it's ok talaga, at sulit na para sakin compared sa mga much higher priced default models available.

balak din kasing bulmili ng cousin ko ng starex, this might be a good buy for him kaso, ganun pala, the starex pro was originally a panel van converted to a passenger van, and the interior looks bare, pero I think its ok, saka ang front facia ata nito is the same with the current model grx.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    update ko na din nga pla. binalik nalang namen yung original na salamin ng starex pro ni sir mon. ang tagal kasi ma perfect ng metrotruck yung sliding window. buti nalang mabait si sir mon

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Its anything other than pang family. Mababa ang quality compared sa orig Starex. Pag biz lang malaman.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    any feedbacks on the this thing's engine (2.6li diesel)?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas bare talaga ang Starex Pro compared to the first GRXs to come to the Philippines.

The 2.6L NA diesel is a far cry from the 2.5L CRDi engine being sold nowadays. Though slow, it's torquey enough, especially with a manual transmission, to be able to haul cargo. We've had 9 and 11 seater Starexes with the 2.6L NA and Auto tranny. It's car slow, yes, but when you've got it moving from idle, it's potent enough for hauling people and cargo. Ours used to go up to 120-130 kph on highway driving.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Mon,

San mo kinuha yung Starex Pro nyo?

Pwede ba instead of side facing seats yung last row gawin din na front facing din?

This is really cheap for a people mover.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The Starex Pro - 14 Seater Van