2 letters I have sent to Hyundai:

1st letter:

Dear Mr. Sherwin Cervantes, Hyundai Customer Care,

This is to request for follow-up on our concern with the air-conditioning system of our Hyundai Sta. Fe, bought thru Lui of Hyundai Abad Santos on Oct. 2009. As discussed with Mr. Noel Carandang of Hyundai Commonwealth, we have followed his recommendation of doing interior detailing to possibly remove the bad smell & odor of our air-conditioning system. Unfortunately, this has not resolved the issue. We have reported this issue since our 5,000km. checkup. Thus, we would request for the replacement of parts related to this issue.

We are planning to have our 15,000km checkup next week. Please arrange that the 15,000km checkup and the replacement of parts coincide together and be done within 2 days. Please advise the schedule as soon as possible. Thank you.

2nd letter:

Dear HARI Customer Relations, Mr. Sherwin Cervantes,

Our Hyundai Sta. Fe is approaching 20,000 km. and the issue with the aircon was not resolved properly:

1) Bad odor comes out of the aircon, sour smell, rat’s urine smell. This is unacceptable and we demand PARTS REPLACEMENT. Prior job done by your Hyundai technicians are all short term solutions – aircon cleaning & interior detailing did not remove the foul smell.

2) Front Dashboard was not properly fitted – rattles on the front dashboard are heard while driving, ignition keyhole is misaligned. We gave 5-7 working days to have this car serviced and quality control was dismal. This was reported by my brother before this was released and the service advisor promised to fix this on the next visit.

Please provide us an appointment schedule for the week of Feb. 21 to 25, 2011. We expect this to be finished during said week and we do not want an extension over the weekend like what happened on the prior appointment. We demand PARTS REPLACEMENT. If the issue is not resolved, we will demand a VEHICLE REPLACEMENT to cover for the undue stress, and risk on our health for the unsafe air we breathe inside the vehicle’s cabin. We urge that Hyundai take this matter seriously as I will be posting this issue on various car enthusiast websites.