New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi guys I'm new here and I would really like to hear your thoughts on the newly released
    2012 Tucson theta ii 2.0L 4x4 Limited Edition.

I'm planning to get a Tucson and I'm looking at the 2.0L Limited edition which has leather seats,
    push start button, panoramic ceiling and almost everything is the same on the 2.4 Premium edition
    except for the engine with a tag price of P1,488,000.00.

I'm wondering if this would be a good value for money car or do you think I would be paying too much for
    P1.48M car with all the nice features but with only a 2.0L engine and would be better of with the 2.4L Tucson
    automatic 4x4 (but not the premium edition) which is around P1.45M I think.

The panoramic sunroof, leather seats, push start, etc is really cool and I really want that but with the tag price
    would it not be worth?
    TIA if anyone can help because I'm agonizing what to decide and my budget is only up to P1.5M.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Baka under powered pag 2.0L lang Sa USDM 2.4L yata pag Theta II, at 2.0L diesel naman sa EUDM

Baka meron Premium na FWD lang sa black market? Baka you will seldom, or not at all, use the AWD

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the reply dfopiso.
    While I really want the panoramic sunroof etc. I'm hesitant nga baka under powered sha and not fun to drive at all so I'm
    thinking about the 2.4L baka mas better value for money pa sha. The 2.4L premium lang kse is a bit more than what I want to pay for
    a new car eh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    To TS, Why opt for the gas version instead of the diesel fed one? Kung 2.0 na 4wd, possible na magiging mas malakas pa sa gas compared sa 2.0 2wd with the average of 7km/l city drive based on my experience...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    correct si mateo

so, if you like all the features of a Premium but will not use (or seldom lang) the AWD tapos enough budget, baka sa black market ka dapat mag check

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    d naman underpowered itong tucson theta sir. yun nga lang sa price kasi nya na 1.488m makakakuha kna ng diesel variant 1.318m lang (discounted). but if you want the toys na nakakabit sa kanya ok lang din naman. yung ibang competitor na na 2.0 mas mababa horsepower at wala yung panoramic sunroof etc tapos mas mahal pa.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you want the toys, go for it. Price is pretty spot-on at under 1.5M.

Don't mind the 2.0L engine. It pulls the Tucson just fine, even if you add the AWD (the Sportage EX 4x4 isn't underpowered).

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^ i meant, baka under powered sa AWD kasi sa USDM 2.4L Theta at sa EUDM 2.0L diesel

sa FWD, no problem ang 2.0L Theta II ... ganyan auto ko :thumbup:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you want the toys, go for it. Price is pretty spot-on at under 1.5M.

Don't mind the 2.0L engine. It pulls the Tucson just fine, even if you add the AWD (the Sportage EX 4x4 isn't underpowered).
    thanks jut :thumbup:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    The 2.0L premium edition only comes in 4wd kse. No choice na 2wd only. Will book a test drive next week and hopefully the power to weight ratio is fine.
    Thank you again for your responses. My biggest concern was the price of P1.48M for a base engine but loaded with toys and it seems worth it naman pala yata. I will know for sure after I have driven it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast