New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 95 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    ginagawa na palang karo ang starex??????

tsk tsk ... kilala ko si kumander, kapag nakakita sya nyang karo na starex, hindi na magtatagal ang starex namin ... ipapabenta nya at bibili ng ibang van na hindi ginagawang karo

sayang naman ... marami rin tao ang allergic sa patay at karo ... hindi na sila bibili ng starex

this could be the start of the end of starex as the number one family van in the philippines
    yun ford lincoln pang karo din naman here and the US, pero yun pinili namin bridal car instead of benzes na free sa shang

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    actually I have yet to see the unit personally, will be checking it this sunday. Claims nothing to fix na daw, so I'd presume buo pa rin yung fenders nya,hehe Anyway, will keep you posted after I've seen the van this Sunday. Thanks!
    Great! I hope the unit's in good condition.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... Starex hearses? Well, to some extent, nakaka-turn off, but then IMO, as long as they don't outnumber the black or white Starexes used for personal purposes, I wouldn't ditch mine. I think it's a very good van.

CVT,
    Good to hear your experience went well. Mine was good, too. Was there in the morning and gone by 12nn on the dot tho. They are going to replace my front upper arm bushings under warranty. They're just going to make the warranty claim with HARI. As to the oil, I noticed that my oil before the change was black, but not gunky or sludgey. After the oil change, it wasn't immaculately clear, but it was much clearer than pre-oil change. It wasn't like my Prado's after the oil change when the dirty oil collected itself on one side of the length of the dipstick, while the clean/clear oil on the other.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To the guys with CRDi units (pwedeng Starex, Santa Fe, or Tucson - whoever drops by this thread), what oil do you use? I was under the impression that the oil they'd be using on our engines would at least be "CRDi specific", but when I checked my Invoice, I noticed they used Shell Rimula X. So I dropped by Shell and checked out the specs on Rimula X and I did not notice any "CRDi specific" marks on the bottle.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If sales of the Starex PRO are strong, then expect to see not just more Starex hearses, but Starex delivery vans, ambulances,etc. Sa akin okay lang yon, dahil dadami ang auto supply stores na mag-stock ng piyesa para sa Starex. Besides, if you are fortunate enough to ride a CRDI Starex hearse when you die, you can have the last laugh when your funeral convoy has a hard time keeping up with you en route to the cemetery

IMm29,

AFAIK, Hyundai Dagupan also uses Shell Rimula X during PMS for the CRDI engines. Pasok naman ang specs nung oil na ito batay sa manual ng CRDI Starex.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    If sales of the Starex PRO are strong, then expect to see not just more Starex hearses, but Starex delivery vans, ambulances,etc. Sa akin okay lang yon, dahil dadami ang auto supply stores na mag-stock ng piyesa para sa Starex. Besides, if you are fortunate enough to ride a CRDI Starex hearse when you die, you can have the last laugh when your funeral convoy has a hard time keeping up with you en route to the cemetery

IMm29,

AFAIK, Hyundai Dagupan also uses Shell Rimula X during PMS for the CRDI engines. Pasok naman ang specs nung oil na ito batay sa manual ng CRDI Starex.
    Thanks mikey177. Pasok nga ang Rimula X sa minimum requirements ng CRDi engines ng Starex. I just thought CRDi engines were that special. Looks like they're almost just the same as non-CRDi units.

The engine on the Starex PRO is a 2.6L NA engine only, though. So the funeral convoy might just be right up your arse when they bring you to the cemetery.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    CVT,
    Good to hear your experience went well. Mine was good, too. Was there in the morning and gone by 12nn on the dot tho. They are going to replace my front upper arm bushings under warranty. They're just going to make the warranty claim with HARI. As to the oil, I noticed that my oil before the change was black, but not gunky or sludgey. After the oil change, it wasn't immaculately clear, but it was much clearer than pre-oil change. It wasn't like my Prado's after the oil change when the dirty oil collected itself on one side of the length of the dipstick, while the clean/clear oil on the other.
    How's the wear of your front tyres? When they lifted the van last Saturday, I noticed that the front tyres, at 40psi, have uneven wear (more on the outside for both tyres).

It looks like I need get it to a shop to correct the camber... Also, this looks like as received from Hyundai.... Hhmmmm....

Appreciate your input here, please.

2201:attack:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    How's the wear of your front tyres? When they lifted the van last Saturday, I noticed that the front tyres, at 40psi, have uneven wear (more on the outside for both tyres).

It looks like I need get it to a shop to correct the camber... Also, this looks like as received from Hyundai.... Hhmmmm....

Appreciate your input here, please.

2201:attack:
    My front tires are still ok. It's just got 5,900 kms on the clock tho, so not unless I've really not had a look at tire pressures, or toe in/toe out is really bad, then i don't think there's much to see.

I'm not sure how toe in/toe out can change after some time, assuming it's correct when the unit is released. Perhaps wear and tear can really get it out of whack? Anyhow, now that you've seen it, do get your ride repaired. Can Hyundai do it? I've got a non-casa suki in BF Paranaque that does a good job with toe in/toe out and alignment

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Great! I hope the unit's in good condition.

Didn't get to see the 97 Starex last sunday, gulo kausap nung owner, buyand sell yata. When we got there bigla nyang pinush yung 98 model nya, but at first I declined since medyo taas pa. When I finally decided and advised him I'll be making a deposit, nagback out kasi he got another buyer w/ a higher offer.

Anyway, buti nalang kasi I found a better one just this morning, nagdeposit na ako para sure. 99 model, turbo manual, white 9 seater w/ only 58k on the odometer. Natwaran ko sya 330k, OK na rin siguro since yung 98 was offerred to me 320k. Will be hopefully getting the van this weekend

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    Didn't get to see the 97 Starex last sunday, gulo kausap nung owner, buyand sell yata. When we got there bigla nyang pinush yung 98 model nya, but at first I declined since medyo taas pa. When I finally decided and advised him I'll be making a deposit, nagback out kasi he got another buyer w/ a higher offer.

Anyway, buti nalang kasi I found a better one just this morning, nagdeposit na ako para sure. 99 model, turbo manual, white 9 seater w/ only 58k on the odometer. Natwaran ko sya 330k, OK na rin siguro since yung 98 was offerred to me 320k. Will be hopefully getting the van this weekend
    Although I'm not particularly familiar with the going rates of Starexes nowadays, that deal sounds to me to be very good, considering you were about to get a '98 for almost the same price Blessing in disguise, ika nga. So this is a '99 Turbo Intercooler, or just Turbo?

Hyundai Starex (Gen. 3) [ARCHIVED]