New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    query lang if anyone experienced this, our grx-crdi is just about 2 wks. old just made a long trip to mla (i'm from isabela), going back the aircon just slowed down after about 5 hours of driving humina buga nya. i know that starex aircons are reliable kaya i'm a bit dissapointed ska bago pa sya. before we had the millenium model and the aircon is really good. however the next day after the trip i turn on the aircon again and it works naman just fine so i'm really baffled by this

is there anyone who can give opinion on this?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ang nangyari naman sa amin ay nagloloko yung controls ng aircon. Bigla na lang namamatay yung A/C switch tapos pag i-tap ko yung dash board babalik ulit. Parati ding nasisira yung fan control sa dash board. Yung fan speed ng 3 at 2 pareho lang. 3 times ko na ito pina-ayos buti na lang at waranty pa.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    im not really sure if this is the answer to your question, my starex is still the millenium series.. but i had a similar experience with my starex.. well what happend to me was that i noticed that the air coming out of the vents was not that strong as it was when at number one.. so after thinking bout what could be the cause i figured out that the evaporator was probably icing up..previously had the same experience with different car... so wat i did was to turn the compressor switch off and put the fan to number 4.. then i looked under the car and there was so much water coming out of drain hose... after i while i guess all the ice melted so it was working fine again.. which would probably explain as to why your aircon was normal again, the next day...by the way this happend when we were travelling from vigan to manila... just to share another experience of my aircon activities... last december we traveled to mindanao via samar and leyte,, anyways when we got to liloan the aircon totally died on us.. what i noticed was the compressor was still working but no cold air was coming out of the vents.. so i figured there must be a leak in the aircon system.. so after crosing to surigao we added freon and the aircon worked fine again.. a week later i noticed that the aircon was not as cold as it should be and the compressor was not cycling on and off like it should... so i figured the it was running out of freon again... at this time we were in cagayan de oro, going to digos city.. so i figured if we added freon it should be ok until we get back to CDO again.. which comes to the part that i cant explain because from that time until now the aircon is working fine on my starex.. i still havent got it worked on or anything.. except for the adding of freon twice in mindanao...well hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    after mo mapa ayos d na ulit nagloko since then? i'm planning to take it back to quezon av branch nila kaya lang nag issue ng no plate no travel ang pnp. ala pa kc plate e, although me authority to operate naman kaya lang baka superseded ng order.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanks for sharing your experience. siguro nga nag ice-up ung evaporator that was the case kc when we still have a nissan eagle pick-up. pero ang common denominator natin e, we both make long trips but just the same being a new unit that is not suppose to happen at this time di ba? again thanks for the info, very much appreciated

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. Baka nag-yelo lang. Happened to me in the '03 already. Iniwan kasi ng driver sa max cold yung thermostat.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kahit ba mainit panahon nag ye-yelo rin un mdyo mainit kasi that time ng nagbyahe kami
    Last edited by bob41107; April 24th, 2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: mis spelled

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Possible pa din based on my experience with other vehicles. Lalo na kung matulin ang takbo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Aircon po kasi yun sir, magyeyelo talga yun pag mahina yung hangin tapos sobrang baba ng temperature. Solution: hinaan yung thermostat tapos lakasan yung fan.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    unfortunately in the starex aircon system the termostat controls only the vents that opens the heater system which just warms the cold air coming out of the cold evaprator.. so the best thing you can do is to switch the compressor off manually.. which i do.. unless of course the newer models have a different aircon system,, i know the 12 seater has auto climate control system which should be a better system at least it will control the compressor too..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hyundai starex