New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I saw this brand new Hyundai Sonata V6 this morning in Makati, at first I thought it was an Accord so i didn't give it much attention, but when it stopped a little on the side of me nakita ko sa likod yun badge. It actually looks good. Anybody knows how much the car cost? O meron na ba meron nito sa tsikot?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    1.35M yata.
    pretty damn close to the accord, mazda6, camry. basically you get a V6 car for the price of the Japanese competition's 4-banger. for that kind of money i'd still get the Japanese car, nevermind if it's only a 4-banger.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nevermind the azera, it's almost 2M. for that price, mag bimmer ka nalang! :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wait for Jun to pipe in. He's a happy V6 owner.

If raw power is what you want, it's probably the cheapest fast car you can buy right now. Even faster than the V6 Hyundai Coupe, and as fast as the Accord V6.

Only gripe according to reviews is a little tail-waggling under heavy braking at high speed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing
    I saw this brand new Hyundai Sonata V6 this morning in Makati, at first I thought it was an Accord so i didn't give it much attention, but when it stopped a little on the side of me nakita ko sa likod yun badge. It actually looks good. Anybody knows how much the car cost? O meron na ba meron nito sa tsikot?
    The Sonata V6 costs around P1.468M, one of the most underrated cars in the country.

This award winning sedan has been snubbed in the RP mid-size sedan market because its a Hyundai.

I saw a Hyundai Sonata V6 last Tuesday crossing Makati ave(diplomatic plates).
    I think its only the 2nd Sonata I saw on the road since last year.

The Azera 3.3 V6 costs 1.958M.

*considering the Sonata is cheaper than the Azera, it actually looks better(newer).
    Last edited by AG4; March 5th, 2006 at 11:30 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I think Hyundai's problem is that they over-spec'ed the Sonata. 1.468M for a mid-size car is OK... if it's a Toyota or a Honda.

If Hyundai sold a 2.0L Sonata for under a milliion (or even a 2.5L V6 for the price of a Starex) I think they would sell more. The problem is that at a price close to 1.5M, Hyundai is challenging the two most popular midsize cars in America. They can't win.

Hyundai Sonata V6