New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tzulao View Post
    just an update guys,.,..i brought our unit sa casa for pms and they perform diagnostics,the service personel told me they reset some programs on the ECU.,.,.balik na ulit sa dati si SF very responsive,.,.,
    sounds like that ECU did retain some memory from the driving pattern? tapos siguro mahilig humataw si sir tzulao, so nag-adjust yung settings?

Actually during my long drive to Bicol, I notice that the tranny adjusted from the driving patterns kasi nung una medyo maaga yung pagshift pero nung hataw na, sumasabay yung RPM para makabwelo. In short, matalino yung tranny.

Yung sudden pull I think is because nag-downshift yung gear... parang sa manual tranny din kung gusto mo humataw/overtake downshift para makabwelo.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tzulao View Post
    just an update guys,.,..i brought our unit sa casa for pms and they perform diagnostics,the service personel told me they reset some programs on the ECU.,.,.balik na ulit sa dati si SF very responsive,.,.,
    they should at least explain what makes your SF behaves like that so that we will learn something out of it.

anyway it's good to hear that your SF is 100 percent again.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by allanctan View Post
    sounds like that ECU did retain some memory from the driving pattern? tapos siguro mahilig humataw si sir tzulao, so nag-adjust yung settings?

Actually during my long drive to Bicol, I notice that the tranny adjusted from the driving patterns kasi nung una medyo maaga yung pagshift pero nung hataw na, sumasabay yung RPM para makabwelo. In short, matalino yung tranny.

Yung sudden pull I think is because nag-downshift yung gear... parang sa manual tranny din kung gusto mo humataw/overtake downshift para makabwelo.
    yup I agree to that,.,.,thats what the SA told me din,,.that it maybe the driving behaviour ng mga gumagamit..,.,in our case kasi its not only me that is driving the SF,.,.,when I'm out of the country its nine months left to my brother's care and same as to my father who is occassionaly here in our place because we have the same job,.,.,all in all theres four of us driving the SF whenever we are here for vacation (we're not having the vacation at the same months) and we all have different driving attitudes and techniques.,.,.,kya si SF medyo mataas na rin mileage ni SF about 35k now.,.,but its really a good thing that its back to a 100 percent again,.,.,thanks guys for sharing sympathies,..,

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    they should at least explain what makes your SF behaves like that so that we will learn something out of it.
    SirGH,

I'm no expert in this field, but here's what I learned from reading and experience.

Our modern vehicle's ECUs use "fuzzy logic" to make the operation of its transmission "adaptive." This advanced feature allows the ECU to learn the driving pattern of a user and somehow adapts the shift points to the driver's style.

I have yet to try in my SF (Shiftronic/H-matic) a technique that was shared with me by a Mazda mechanic in making the ECU unlearn the driving pattern that my Mazda3 (ActiveMatic) adapts to in "D" mode.

The technique: whenever the auto-shifting becomes sluggish because of "learned" driving patterns, use ActiveMatic. After several minutes of "manual-like" shifting (going through all gears), revert back to "D" mode. This procedure somehow erases the "learned" driving pattern and resets it to default. Back to normal.

Above-mentioned technique has worked for me several times already.

Just sharing...baka lang po makatulong.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    most of the time, yes. they only refer to the maintenance manual for schedule what parts to be replaced.
    so tol ghost recon kelan namin pwedeng sabihin sa maintenance crew na paki drain ang filter namin? pag 5000km to 10,000km na po ba? wala rin akong alam sa PMS e, drive lang ang alam ko hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ct-guy View Post
    so tol ghost recon kelan namin pwedeng sabihin sa maintenance crew na paki drain ang filter namin? pag 5000km to 10,000km na po ba? wala rin akong alam sa PMS e, drive lang ang alam ko hehehe
    pwede mo na isabay kung nagpa-pms ka. you'll only loose less than a liter of diesel if you do this, safe pa engine mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, the ecu learns the driving habits kaya pag iba ang driver nalilito ng konti ang ecu. same with our old lancer mx, same with our starex, and now same with the sta fe. pag si wifey ang nag-drive she has a light foot. ako medyo mabigat kaya pag dating ko when i am on vacation parang alanganin umarankada. tapos ganun nga minsan bigla siya hahataw. minsan naman diin na apak mo ayaw humataw, naghe-hesitate.

madali lang naman i-reset ang ecu. remove the battery for 2-3 minutes and the ecu will reset to factory default settings when you connect the battery again. i do this everytime we go on a long drive para walang alanganin sa overtake.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    so mabubura ang settings nun? like yung 20kmh autolock?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    so mabubura ang settings nun? like yung 20kmh autolock?
    yung engine and tranny settings lang ang magre-reset to default. both our starex and sta fe still lock automatically at the set speed even after resetting.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks! good to know :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
hyundai SF acceleration:4x2 CRDi