New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    agree,.,.,dapat nga talaga frequent checking in our fuel filters and replace whenever needed every pms sched.,.,.but in my case hindi ko kasi binabantayan ang SF pag nagpapa pms me,.,.siguro next time dapat bantayan ko na para mas alam ko kung ano mga ginagawa nila.,.,.our SF already has about 30-31k on the odo,and in this age ko lang nafeel ung parang delays sa acceleration niya.,.,

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post

my advice is not to wait the alarm light that informs that there's too much water in the filter. have the filter drained every time the car gets serviced and replaced as soon as the filter reaches its life. this act alone will save the precious crdi.
    Ibig po bang sabihin ndi SOP sa casa na magcheck ng fuel filter? Dapat sabihan pa sila? I guess I need some education on PMS para mabantayan maigi...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by allanctan View Post
    Ibig po bang sabihin ndi SOP sa casa na magcheck ng fuel filter? Dapat sabihan pa sila? I guess I need some education on PMS para mabantayan maigi...
    most of the time, yes. they only refer to the maintenance manual for schedule what parts to be replaced.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    most of the time, yes. they only refer to the maintenance manual for schedule what parts to be replaced.
    How about changing the Fuel Filter every 5k, isasabay sa pag change ng Oil Filter natin para sigurado na malinis lagi ang fuel line and components?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    been driving in sports mode in bumper traffic, long drive and even parking, kaya never ko talaga na-experience yan sinasabi nyo even if i gas up now at shell stations in low lying areas with 25.xx/liter diesel.

i'm not really an automatic type of person. ginagamit ko lang yun pag nag-drive thru and kakain

and also even when shifting i dont feel the back against the seat experience kasi kamado ko talaga ang makina nya. my other alternative is also an suv with M/T transmission kaya siguro sanay ako.

yun starex namin A/T lang, yun dun ka na-feel loss of power but i always though it's bec it has a big butt

baka naman oblong na or uncalibrated na gulong mo. sa crv ko kasi na-feel ko yan noon, piki eh hehehe
    sir do you mean hindi mo nagagamit ang matic mode niya and you just rely on its sport mode? in my case i only use sports mode when going down a stiff hill where in i need to use engine breaks,sports mode kasi minsan hirap timplahin dahil nauuna pa siya na mag change gear sau.,.,.,.but back to what i was wondering about the acceleration,i do not mean that kinakapos ako during shifting,what i mean is unlike before that regardless even of even i came from breaking or i just driving straight konting tapak lang or if pag gusto ko siya biglain you will really feel the great response without delay.,.,.,pero ngayon parang kelangan mo pa siya ifloor all the way for you to feel na susunod agad siya,maliksi pa rin compared to other vehicles im driving,pero i still feel na may nagbago

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tzulao View Post
    sir do you mean hindi mo nagagamit ang matic mode niya and you just rely on its sport mode? in my case i only use sports mode when going down a stiff hill where in i need to use engine breaks,sports mode kasi minsan hirap timplahin dahil nauuna pa siya na mag change gear sau.,.,.,.but back to what i was wondering about the acceleration,i do not mean that kinakapos ako during shifting,what i mean is unlike before that regardless even of even i came from breaking or i just driving straight konting tapak lang or if pag gusto ko siya biglain you will really feel the great response without delay.,.,.,pero ngayon parang kelangan mo pa siya ifloor all the way for you to feel na susunod agad siya,maliksi pa rin compared to other vehicles im driving,pero i still feel na may nagbago
    I am not use to using sports mode most of the time. he he he.
    Anglayo sa "N" or "P" if I want to switch to those.
    Sports Mode lang talaga me for Engine Break - using 2nd or 1st gear to prevent the car from speeding down when descending.

*tzulao,

Kanina on my way to work nakaramdam nanaman ako ng sudden gust of torque when I stepped on the accelerator.
    Napansin ko na it usually happens when slowing down a bit and stepping on the breaks (though not to bring it to a complete stop) and then you go step back again at the accelerator. Ayon biglang pumipitik pero ndi ung iniisip mo na mapapasandal ka bigla. May kung anong sudden PULL ang mararamdaman mo kahit na slight lang ung apak ko sa accelerator.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    I am not use to using sports mode most of the time. he he he.
    Anglayo sa "N" or "P" if I want to switch to those.
    Sports Mode lang talaga me for Engine Break - using 2nd or 1st gear to prevent the car from speeding down when descending.

*tzulao,

Kanina on my way to work nakaramdam nanaman ako ng sudden gust of torque when I stepped on the accelerator.
    Napansin ko na it usually happens when slowing down a bit and stepping on the breaks (though not to bring it to a complete stop) and then you go step back again at the accelerator. Ayon biglang pumipitik pero ndi ung iniisip mo na mapapasandal ka bigla. May kung anong sudden PULL ang mararamdaman mo kahit na slight lang ung apak ko sa accelerator.
    that was the thing im trying to emphasize,thank you sir nels.,,.,thats what i feel that is lacking in my SF.,.,.ung slight na tapak lang my boost na agad even after slowing down and stepping back on the accelerator,.,.,were still observing it at the moment kasi sometimes hindi naman siya delayed and its very responsive,but more times na parang wala talaga siyang boost at gusto niya floored na talaga before mo maramdaman ung boost of torque.,.,.

but when it comes to speed once makabuwelo na.,.,.,it will still give the speed you want,.,,.kanina lang i did about 180kph at star toll

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    yun naman kasi automatic mode parang kapos talaga sa'kin ever since. nahihinaan ako sa hatak. yun nga sinabi mo na kailangan ng sobrang tapak parang mag-accelerate.

mag-sports mode ka na lang, i guarantee you lahat ng tapak mo responsive kahit slight press lang

mas makatipid ka pa. observation ko nun nag-automatic ako nun bagu-bago pa car eh nasa 7km/liter ako pure city, ngaun nag 9km/liter ako pure city sports mode all the time.

yun naman sports mode pag nakasanayan mo parang hindi mo na iisipin ko kelan mag-shift kasi kamado mo na yan after a week or two. ok pa din naman kasi wala naman clutch.

regarding naman dun sa stiff hill and engine breaks at mahirap timplahin

just follow the 2k rpm rule, shift ka na to next level pag mag 2k rpm. sa automatic walang naman yan unless you simulate an M/T shift by letting go of the accelerator
    ah hehehe..,.,nasanay kasi me sa manual talaga na pakiramdaman na lang kahit hindi na tingnan ang rpm.,.,.thats why whenever im using the sports mode ni SF eh prang hassle for me ksi every time i need to stare at those panels to see if need to shift na,.,.lagi tuloy ako nauunahan magshift.,.,specially when slowing down magugulat na lang ako nagbaba na siya ng gear mag isa.,.,.,

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    just an update guys,.,..i brought our unit sa casa for pms and they perform diagnostics,the service personel told me they reset some programs on the ECU.,.,.balik na ulit sa dati si SF very responsive,.,.,

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good for you tzulao. :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
hyundai SF acceleration:4x2 CRDi