New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    just want to ask those fellow SF owners if they are also noticing changes in their SF's acceleration.,.,.,I've been driving our SF for about a year now and have noticed that the acceleration is not like before when its still fresh from the casa that you can really feel your back against the seat when the pedal is floored regardless of the driving condition.,.,.,one example is running atleast 80kph and you applied breaks,after this you floored the pedal..,.,maliksi pa rin siya at sumusunod but i dont feel the same acceleration strength that i felt and get used to before when its still new,.,.,?

i have nothing against the SF coz' im really satisfied with its performance,i still can do about 200kph,.,.pero nagtataka lang ako bakit parang nawala na ang dating liksi niya na konting tapak lang eh sunod agad specially sa arangkada after breaking?,.,.,now parang may delays na? do you think thers a problem developing on our SF? Still we are not consulting our dealer about this.,.,

share something naman about your SF's is this a normal condition?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    many factors sir, probably:

1. your getting used to it, parang nasanay ka na sa acceleration nya. why don't you try other car for a week and then go back to your SF.

2. check you air filter, baka barado na yan and halos d na makahinga SF mo.

3. our SF is "fly by wire". there's no cable that is connected to the throttle. it might be that the mechanism for this needs cleaning or even replacement. got the same problem with my x-trail before where the casa replace the whole unit that controls the throttle.

4. is there a way to clean the "crdi"? injectors? there are lots of aftermarket injector cleaners that can be blended in diesel. you can do this everytime you have your preventive maintenance sched.

5. are you using different kind of fuel? if it's petron, then petron ka na lang. these companies do not have exactly the same formula for their diesel.

6. is the turbo gives away the right boost?

7. better yet, go to the nearest hyundai service center and have your SF check with their consult

have a nice day....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have the fuel injectors, fuel pump and filter checked. Performance of a direct injection diesel can degrade over time due to poor fuel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks for the insights guys.,.,.,ill have it check to pag nagpa pms ako,.,.,

gen. miting; when your driving your SF baka naman hindi ka nakasandal, in that way you really will not be able to feel your back against the seat hehehe.,.,.peace

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    After logging 18,000kms on my SF, nararamdaman ko pa din ung napapasandal ako sa upuan pag medyo napapapitik si Santa Fe lalo na pag Stop and Go in a traffic jam. Usually it happens pag medyo napapadiin ako ng apak sa accelerator especially pag ung safety shoes ko ang gamit while driving.

By the way, 98% of the time, I am using Petron Diesel Max since I acquired my SF at dito ako nag paparefuel sa may Petron SLEX bago mag Vito Cruz Makati. Bago lang ung Gasoline Station na yon (more or less 3 years pa lang) kaya I believe malinis ang fuel nila.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *nels76

OT: I think clean diesel is not about getting it from a new gas station. Clean diesel is low sulfur diesel. And the diesel e have here in RP has very high sulfur content. Why? Because refining clean diesel is expensive. If we get Euro standard diesel for sure diesel will be more expensive than even 95 octane gasoline. Politically speaking its almost impossible since we still use backwater jeepneys for public transpo which uses backwater diesel engines (non-CRDi) who always demand cheap diesel regardless on its impact to the environment. Unfortunately we private users in a way subsidize the public users.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^^ Dude, Thanks somehow for the clarification.

What I actually meant by clean is free from impurities caused by aging facility like storage tanks, pumps, and free from water contamintation as well. At least with new gasoline stations, medyo tiwala ako na malinis pa facility nito.

But you got a point in the Sulfur Content though. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    ^^ Dude, Thanks somehow for the clarification.

What I actually meant by clean is free from impurities caused by aging facility like storage tanks, pumps, and free from water contamintation as well. At least with new gasoline stations, medyo tiwala ako na malinis pa facility nito.

But you got a point in the Sulfur Content though. Thanks.
    Water is the number one problem with Philippine diesel. It's easy to get water contamination in old tanks or in tanks in low-lying areas.

Once tested a diesel which ingested water... went into limp mode every time I pressed hard on the gas pedal... ...later learned that the station I filled at (Shell Marikina) was in a low-lying area that used to see constant flooding.

Other test units? Loss of power due to clogged fuel filters or dirty injectors... but it's random... I guess it depends on where the previous tester filled with diesel.

Ingat-ingat lang kayo, peeps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Agree ako kay Sir Niky! Kaya nga ako I look for gasoline stations na nasa higher elevation at hindi binabaha! Yung shell sa the Fort, yun mataas dun or di kaya yung mga gasoline stations sa may greenhills area!
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Water is the number one problem with Philippine diesel. It's easy to get water contamination in old tanks or in tanks in low-lying areas.

Once tested a diesel which ingested water... went into limp mode every time I pressed hard on the gas pedal... ...later learned that the station I filled at (Shell Marikina) was in a low-lying area that used to see constant flooding.

Other test units? Loss of power due to clogged fuel filters or dirty injectors... but it's random... I guess it depends on where the previous tester filled with diesel.

Ingat-ingat lang kayo, peeps.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Agree ako kay Sir Niky! Kaya nga ako I look for gasoline stations na nasa higher elevation at hindi binabaha! Yung shell sa the Fort, yun mataas dun or di kaya yung mga gasoline stations sa may greenhills area!
    actually its not that the station is low lying and is prone to flooding that causes water to sip-in, maybe some but not as we ought to think literally.

diesel tanks (not your car tanks), when not filled up to the rim usually creates moisture resulting from change in temperature and this moisture usually settles at the bottom. in the process of refilling, some of this accumulated water may go to our car's tanks and may also go to our injectors. this is why our engine is equipped with fuel filter with water separator.

my advice is not to wait the alarm light that informs that there's too much water in the filter. have the filter drained every time the car gets serviced and replaced as soon as the filter reaches its life. this act alone will save the precious crdi.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
hyundai SF acceleration:4x2 CRDi