New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    6 August 2009 - Hyundai Motor Company has posted a 36.6 percent rise in July global sales compared to a year earlier and has moved up the ranks to fourth place overall according to global industry figures* year to date (YTD).
    http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/hyund...-place/5/20308

Very good news indeed! As Hyundai improves its products more people trust it. Me included, 5 years ago I was a skeptic and buying a Korean car was unthinkable now I own a Santa Fe and its such a joy.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Congratulations to Hyundai. They deserve it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/hyund...-place/5/20308

Very good news indeed! As Hyundai improves its products more people trust it. Me included, 5 years ago I was a skeptic and buying a Korean car was unthinkable now I own a Santa Fe and its such a joy.
    +1
    grabe bilis ng progress. go go hyundai-kia

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What remains is when HARI will fix its pricing for its sedan/passenger car lineup.

So far, only its lower end vehicles are actually viable.

Paying almost 1M for a 1.6L i30 is hardly a deal.

Maybe it could also introduce a 'stripper' variant of the Genesis to compete with the Accord/Camry. Nobody's willing to pay a Lexus/BMW price for a Hyundai here, regardless of how good it is (and the Genesis Sedan IS good).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Downside here is the possible increase in the prices of their vehicles....

8404:duel:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its already happening in many of their models. The problem is all Hyundai models are directly imported from Korea except the i10. Most other popular brands have Thailand imports which is far far easier on taxes. Pero if you look at the other home made CBU units of the other manufacturers mahal din!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yup, the same variant of our 2005 Starex (TCI AT), is now P320K more expensive vs. ~5years ago. Bago lang ang body, pero strip down version pa sa mga accessories.....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Yup, the same variant of our 2005 Starex (TCI AT), is now P320K more expensive vs. ~5years ago. Bago lang ang body, pero strip down version pa sa mga accessories.....

That is good news for you though...specially if you plan on reselling your Starex for an upgrade.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    That is good news for you though...specially if you plan on reselling your Starex for an upgrade.

Bro.,- I don't get it, i.e., the "good news", if it's going to be P320K more expensive now.....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]That's because they are competing globally now. Congrats![/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai moves to 4th in global rankings!