New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/28932367

And they will announce this offer in the Super Bowl one of the most watched event in the US if not the most watched.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Just an update.

DETROIT - You've heard about the Hyundai Assurance Program, the one that guarantees the South Korean company will buy back your new car if you lose your income? It works. Hyundai Motor America announced Tuesday a 14-percent increase in sales compared with January 2008. Hyundai sold 24,512 cars and trucks.

Source:
    http://blogs.motortrend.com/6462108/...rks/index.html

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    This is what sets some Korean companies apart. Great scheme!!

Now all they have to look out for are the scams that the consumer might pull-off on them especially the physical disability part. Lotsa insurance scams related to this are common there.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well they better hope (Hyundai that is) that the returns will be tolerable pag sabay sabay yan it will hurt a lot! Even if their losses are capped at $7500, selling used cars in a crappy economy is hell. But this is their chance. This economic downturn is their chance, their chance to grab more market, and maybe steal positions from the others.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well they better hope (Hyundai that is) that the returns will be tolerable pag sabay sabay yan it will hurt a lot! Even if their losses are capped at $7500, selling used cars in a crappy economy is hell. But this is their chance. This economic downturn is their chance, their chance to grab more market, and maybe steal positions from the others.
    it's a calculated risk to be sure, but it's working. a 14% increase in a recession, at the same time your competitors lost up to 81% in sales is an astronomical increase in market share...that's a 9500 basis point swing in a fukking month!! brilliant.

if Hyundai continues to sell 24,000 cars a month, in 10 mos that's 240,000 cars. if 2% of those cars are returned (my wild assumption given the current 6-7% unemployment rate), then that's 4,800 cars x let's say, $3,750 a car (split the max loss in half to take an average) = $18M in total losses.

that's less than most Fortune 500's spend on solicitations and advertising in a month!! and to get that much of a return when Chrysler is down 81% and the Japan Big 3 are down 30% is a huge win indeed

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We never really can say what will happen in the future. If unemployment rises to double digit (which is not impossible by the way). But still, I like bold companies so I still wish this all works out for them. The program has just started and people have just bought so the short term impact should be good but we will only truly know if the gimmick truly worked maybe 2 years from now...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Better have unsold inventories of brand new cars then a pile of used cars

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Public transportation is limited to city limits. I've been to most of the big cities in CA. They have public buses in addition to a public rail system. Also, I think public buses aren't allowed in interstates and other highways. They're limited to city streets.
    Jun, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) system in Northern California actually covers four counties - San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo, and Contra Costa. I know L.A. has some sort of public rail system as well but I never took it when I lived there before.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Now they added a new sweetener to the deal called the Hyundai Assurance PLUS!

Now besides that you can return your car if you lose your job, they will pay for 3 MONTHS of your payment first and if by that time you don't find a job then you can still return it...

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/...ranceplus.aspx

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Public transportation is limited to city limits. I've been to most of the big cities in CA. They have public buses in addition to a public rail system. Also, I think public buses aren't allowed in interstates and other highways. They're limited to city streets.
    Not really!! Ang totoo, ang mga city buses ay hindi allowed sa high speed highways dahil pang-city lang sila, pero may mga interstate buses katulad ng Greyhound bus, Rapid-Transit, etc. na bumibiyahe between States, and between cities and counties. Ganun din ang tren, may pang inter-city lang at merong pang interstate (Amtrak).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Motor America incredible offer