New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    CAC came out with their press release na pala.

The specs of the models sold here are specific to local operating conditions. Thus, the EPA figures may vary from the ones sold in the US market.

To further clarify things, here's the official statement from Kia Motors Corporation:

Kia Motors Corporation's US and Canadian sales subsidiaries have initiated a voluntary campaign to correct fuel economy ratings for approximately 350,000 vehicles sold between 2010 and 2012, re-label all affected vehicles currently in North American showrooms, and provide monetary reimbursement to all affected current and former customers. This action follows discussions with the US Environmental Protection Agency concerning procedural errors at the joint Hyundai-Kia testing operations in Korea that led to incorrect fuel economy ratings for certain Kia models.

The fuel-economy ratings in question affect only vehicles sold in North America (and some unincorporated US territories). All Kia cars sold in other regions of the world have been properly certified with correct fuel-economy ratings by each respective certification agency. Meanwhile, immediate steps are being taken at our testing facilities to make the necessary corrections to the EPA-related fuel-economy testing process so that this type of procedural error does not happen again in the future.

Kia Motors Corporation will continue to advance improvements in the fuel economy of our entire global lineup of vehicles through technological innovation.
    Kia distributor issues statement on US-market fuel-mileage fiasco - News | TopGear.com.ph

I wonder if HARI did the same?

Also, sabi ni CAC "all Kia cars sold in other regions of the world have been properly certified with correct fuel-economy ratings by each respective certification agency."

I'd like to know which Philippine certification agency did CAC (and HARI) gathered their FE rating to say that units sold in the Philippines are fuel-efficient?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    i myself bought a Hyundai Accent 2011 MT 1.4L ... Averages around 6-7km/l on city driving.. Exchanged it with a Accent CRDI 2010 nalang..

AFAIK na pa upgrade ko na rin sya sa Euro4 ba un or Euro6 which fixes the engine knocking still di naman tumipid kain ng gasoline..

Para akong naka 1.8 na sedan sa kain ng gasoline nun.. With the accent CRDI kahit pupunta lang ako sa palengke dala dala ko dahil matipid and matulin pa, itsura lang nya ang cons..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mga paps, prevalent ba yang high FC ng Accent, or isolated cases lang?

my 2 friends both have 2011 Accent pero wala naman silang complaint sa FC

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    mga paps, prevalent ba yang high FC ng Accent, or isolated cases lang?

my 2 friends both have 2011 Accent pero wala naman silang complaint sa FC
    Seems like it depends on drive cycle and gas used.

On the highway and in light traffic, Hyundais get decent to good mileage.

BUT:

In heavy traffic, that 1.4 liter engine doesn't seem any more efficient than the 1.5s and 1.6s in competitors.

Also, apparently, once you've used bad gas or low-octane gas, the car can't adjust back easily. So you can stop the knocking with better gas, but you need to clear the "learning" the car did on poor gas to see any economy benefits.

-

Sad to say, with the heavy traffic we have now and the prevalence of E10, nobody is ever going to get the same fuel economy they got in the 90s. It's very hard to prove your fuel economy is due to a defect with the car and not due to your driving habits, route or the fuel you use. Personally, I changed routes for my daily school trip, and I went from 6.5-7.5 kml (with various 1.3 - 1.5 liter cars, including the Vios!) to around 8-9. I changed habits and driving style, and now I can eke out 10.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hyundai Kia to pay 900 000 owners