New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Several Hyundai/kia crdi engine were reported to have this problem. Ang naging problema ay blocked/clogged egr. Simple cleaning lang ang solusyon. Di ka na gagasto kung DIYer ka.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    Sir Niky, what do you mean by proper warm up? I practice proper cool down but I immediately run my vehicle after a cold start. So I'm not sure if running a CRDi vehicle immediately from a cold start will wear down the VGT system. Thanks
    Just don't rev it hard after you start it. You can drive around, but try to stay under 2000-2500 rpm until everything is up to operating temperature.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I have seen two Tucson CRDi emitting clouds of black smoke. One parked (presumably the driver pumping the gas) and the other cruising around the village and emitting plums of black smoke after each hump.
    That black smoke might be a cause of defective fuel injectors,dirty or poor Quality of fuel,injection timing problem,
    clogged air filter >> happened to me while driving my sis '08 Santa Fe from the south in Quirino Highway (between bicol region & Quezon province), almost mid day and sobrang maalikabok ang kalsada & there was an ongoing road construction..
    Napansin ko n lng d n ako mka-overtake s vios (imagine that?) & zero visibility n behing my rear windshield coz of smoky exhaust so i stopped immediately & checked my airfilter & found it thoroughly clogged.. Good thing my spare air filter akong dala..

Note: Tip ko lang for those who have their airfilter changed in casa, pwde nyong hingin ung old filter & linisin na lang s bahay with compressed air or labhan lang & keep it in the car.. No one knows when you encounter a situation like mine & magamit mo yan in an emergency...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Just don't rev it hard after you start it. You can drive around, but try to stay under 2000-2500 rpm until everything is up to operating temperature.
    Thanks sir Niky. Ang tendency ko kasi pagka start ko, coming from the house, uphill climb na agad kaya kailangan din i rev ng todo para maka akyat agad coming from a cold start.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dblackswan View Post
    Note: Tip ko lang for those who have their airfilter changed in casa, pwde nyong hingin ung old filter & linisin na lang s bahay with compressed air or labhan lang & keep it in the car.. No one knows when you encounter a situation like mine & magamit mo yan in an emergency...
    Delikado yata po yung re-used air filter lalo na sa crdi engines. Yung fiber element kasi ng filter nag didisintegrate pwede madamage ang MAF sensor.. Sa consumable parts like air filter dapat po talaga palitan periodically.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    sorry a bit OT..

How bout opening the aircon when the engine has just been started? meaning the temp is not up to operating temparature yet... is it ok? TIA

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    sorry a bit OT..

How bout opening the aircon when the engine has just been started? meaning the temp is not up to operating temparature yet... is it ok? TIA
    They used to discourage this, because it's extra load on the engine, but heck... our engines are more powerful than the wheezy old diesels and carbureted gassers our Grandpas used... and I haven't heard any mechanic or technician say this is bad for newer cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Delikado yata po yung re-used air filter lalo na sa crdi engines. Yung fiber element kasi ng filter nag didisintegrate pwede madamage ang MAF sensor.. Sa consumable parts like air filter dapat po talaga palitan periodically.
    Only my point was you can use it in an emergency..On my case,used it only for short period of time til we get home safely & for engine not to suffer too much rather than running your engine without filtration from dust/airbourne small particles on its air intake..
    Wala kang choice but to use the old spare,your miles away from the casa..
    Better bring with you a new one..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    Has anybody experienced CRDi (injectors / supply pumps, etc) isssues with their Hyundai diesels? Anong year model ang vehicle nyo at ilan na ang km reading sa odometer?

mine was a starex jumbo crdi 2006 w/ 80,523 odo reading when this unfortunate incident happen: note: warranty expired just recently
    travelling along the stretch of sctex, the van gradually lose acceleration from 120kph going down and i feel as if i was left behind by those vehicles i used to overtake...when the tachmter reach 5kph, slight jerking coupled w/ near engine stalling (just like horseback riding) as if mauubusan ng fuel started (w/ engine malfunction icon on the panel lighted), buti na lang malapit na kami sa casa
    the culprit: loose nut on injector #4 as diagnosed by the casa, fixed by tightening it and adjusting ECU becoz of the lighted engine malfunction, cost - 546 petot..
    here comes the worst part, while on my way back thru NLEX the same problem aroused again this time it was already past 10pm and the casa is closed (no choice but to leave it at their parking lot)
    again the diagnosis: injector #4, casa cant determined the cause but their boss experience the same when refilling fuel at unknown station somewhere in the province while mine has no fuel problem or whatsoever,
    the remedy: interchange injector #4 w/ injector #2, clean all the injectors even test all the injector's nozzle pattern which is all normal, adjust again the ECU to turn off the engine malfunction light, cost - free (becoz after i got home i sent a disappointing email to HARI explaining what happen and the next day i receive a call from the casa telling me that their doing everything to fix problem, i guess that help.
    i hope this helps whenever problem like this occurs...cheers

anyway, some are saying that maintenance costs of the diesel CRDi is quite high compared to the gasoline counterparts. makakatipid ka daw sa consumption, pero sa maintenance ka mapapamahal?

how true is this sa mga CRDi owners dito?

Hyundai CRDi engine problems?