New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wsolo View Post
    Wonder if pwede kaya isalpak yung sliding 3rd bench seat ng vgt model and the cost to order that fr casa or a third party.
    Di pwede, walang rails sa floor ang 3rd row ng tci. Unless pasadya ka maglagay ng rails but thus will mean extensive body work on the floor of the gs. Kung iangat mo naman sa floor yung rails tripping hazard naman siya saka pangit kakalabasan.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Up lang sirs, any good HARI dealer near sta rosa/alabang you have experience with? Sir CVT, casa or outside po maintenance niyo? Tia!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Mga sirs, we bought a new Starex tci last week, is it normal ba sa Starex tci na natalsik ang oil palabas ng dipstick kapag tanggal ang stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by wsolo View Post
    Up lang sirs, any good HARI dealer near sta rosa/alabang you have experience with? Sir CVT, casa or outside po maintenance niyo? Tia!
    Bro- for our Nov2009 TCI AT: Used to be with Hyundai Las Pinas,- in front of SouthMall, along Zap-Alab Rd. Very satisfied with their service.

Pero, up to 25KKm lang....

For its 30KKm and 35KKm PMS,- local Shell Gas Station for the oil changes.... 36KKm pa lang ang mileage....Preparing for the 40KKm,- ATF dialysis....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.4K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by stv13 View Post
    Mga sirs, we bought a new Starex tci last week, is it normal ba sa Starex tci na natalsik ang oil palabas ng dipstick kapag tanggal ang stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was the engine running when you did that, bro?

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.4K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hi guys,

I am planning on buying a grand starex on e rod branch this week. Due to budget constraints, I am opting for TCI M/T. Also, it would mostly be used for business but with also a bit of personal use here and there. Would you mind answering several concerns of mine? I did go through most posts about the tci so I will do my best to remember all of them in order to avoid repeating the questions.

Long term reliability wise, is the tci good enough?
    I have seen videos of tci na tumitirik especially sa paakyat sa Baguio , is this an isolated case or have you experienced it too?
    Should I consider lack of ABS/EBD as dealbreaker?
    Have you guys encountered any issues years after getting it from the dealership?

Thank you so much for your help

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrprincehd View Post
    H
    Long term reliability wise, is the tci good enough?
    I have seen videos of tci na tumitirik especially sa paakyat sa Baguio , is this an isolated case or have you experienced it too?
    Baka nag- check-engine dahil ni-ratrat ang akyat.... Guilty ako riyan....

Happened on our TCI-ATs (both the bug-eyed model in Baguio-Marcos Hiway and the current model in Talisay-Tagaytay Road) with overtake mode all the way... Vehicle went into limp mode,- with the engine still running...... Needed to rest for about 10 minutes,- and it's good again....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hi guys, sorry I am bit of a newbie in GS's. Anyway, what are the considerations in buying imported GS's (like the ones from a store in GH) and am I better buying at the dealership?

Also, what's the story behind CVX variants not being offered at dealerships anymore? did they phased out CVX variants or are these the ones that are imported? I am guessing that the CVX price range lies between TCi and CRDi kasi.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mrprincehd View Post
    Hi guys, sorry I am bit of a newbie in GS's. Anyway, what are the considerations in buying imported GS's (like the ones from a store in GH) and am I better buying at the dealership?

Also, what's the story behind CVX variants not being offered at dealerships anymore? did they phased out CVX variants or are these the ones that are imported? I am guessing that the CVX price range lies between TCi and CRDi kasi.
    Crdi is the engine crdi din ang cvx. Cvx is what you're calling imported. Better equipped with features. Mas mataas price nya kaysa sa offer ng casa pero mas sulit

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Good day guys!
    I'd like to share my experience so far upon purchasing a TCi a couple of days ago.

1) the lack of ABS is scaring me;
    2) will definitely replace those rims and have the bottom part painted to match body color, will replace black door handles in the future
    3) i find the rpm relatively high
    4) as expected from the tci engine, the performance is so-so

I will update this in the future

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast