New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Nag ibang bakod na ata si tidius...
    oo nga asan na nga ba si Third World Boy? hehe!

pakshet MT all the way....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A stuck pedal assembly or trapped pedal is always the most likely scenario in these situations, if there's a physical (non-driver) cause. If you hear them trying to unstick the pedal, that's it.

The question here is whether those are cable-throttle cars or electronic throttle ones. If it's cable throttle... then it's possible the cable got stuck. If it's electronic, no. The answer will lie elsewhere... either with the mat or with the actual throttle assembly sticking.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think there's one apparent description missing in most SUA incidents. In that, the throttle wasn't stuck at 1/4 or even 1/2. From the roar of the engines, they seemed to have been 'set' to WOT, whether accidentally or uncommanded. No driver in their right mind would go WOT in most of the circumstances in the videos above (ie. turning right at a tight corner, at a traffic light but behind another car, etc.)

Even while driving on the highway, unless you're actually doing spirited driving, most drivers are in the habit of feathering the gas pedal. So if it went from that to WOT without the driver commanding it, it could be the throttle servo, ECU, or the throttle position sensor (either on the pedal or throttle assembly).

Now, an epileptic driver is another thing.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    pakshet MT all the way....
    Yep, with a clutch pedal at least you have control as to how the power is transferred to the wheels. Makes me wonder if the manufacturers could develop a clutch assembly similar to the drive-by-wire system of modern accelerator pedals that could work in conjuction with an automatic transmission para we can have a truly manual/automatic transmission. Sarap mangarap!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Feeling ko fake yan. I doubt mag full throttle yun sudden acceleration. And besides, bilis lang naman solution dyan, the letter N.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Nasaan na ang mga Hyundai Fanboys?
    Andito ako pards

Di bale huwag kayo mag alala pag nangyari sa akin yan babalitaan ko kayo.

Kaso kahit normal days sudden acceleration talaga ako magmaneho Wala lang "unintended" ;)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *Press hard on break*
    *Press hard on gas*

Uhh.... what seems to be the problem here?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    im digging if there's a video of CCTV on the net with this news 4 teens killed in Ayala Alabang car crash | ABS-CBN News
    and it led me to this thread.
    maybe it is really time as this article says Is it time for a car black box? | Inquirer Business

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    im digging if there's a video of CCTV on the net with this news 4 teens killed in Ayala Alabang car crash | ABS-CBN News
    and it led me to this thread.
    maybe it is really time as this article says Is it time for a car black box? | Inquirer Business
    I think that is an excellent proposition as long as it won't cost an arm and a leg. That would clear a lot of things.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    before this accident, may news na rin sa yahoo na may gagawing batas sa US na mandatory na ang car black box. hindi ko lang matandaan kung aling state. nabasa ko rin na ngayon pa lang pinoprotestahan na because of, as usual, privacy issues..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Dashboard Camera Catches 80 MPH 'Sudden Acceleration' Hyundai Crash