New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ Kasi di naman uso dashcam dito? Hehe.

---

BTW, ang haba pa ng tinakbo nung sasakyan. Bakit hindi nakapag-brake yung driver???

Walang presence of mind, IMO. It's just like him waiting for the car to crash on something for it to stop.
    oo nga. nai-guide pa nung driver yung saskayan.
    dapat nag-preno na.

o baka nauna nerbiyos, kaya nagkaganun.......

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kaya important na din ang dashboard cam ngayon. para recorded lahat ng nangyari.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    kaya important na din ang dashboard cam ngayon. para recorded lahat ng nangyari.
    at least buo pa yung passenger cabin nung kotse even after crashing at 100++ kph. hirap din niyang "sudden acceleration" issues na ganyan, yung iba driver error lang talaga, yung iba after a lawsuit lang. toyota, mitsubishi have had their shares of this, even honda may actual person na kilala ko na nangyari sa kanya (2000 civic ek). best is to know what to do if this happens to you.

dapat yung binangga na lang nung driver yung unang kotse nung pa-accelerate pa lang siya, kung wala na talaga siyang control

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    true. sana isama na as standard equipment especially sa PUVs and trucks.
    sana meron ding 'pedal cam' para mavalidate nga yung SUA

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    at least buo pa yung passenger cabin nung kotse even after crashing at 100++ kph. hirap din niyang "sudden acceleration" issues na ganyan, yung iba driver error lang talaga, yung iba after a lawsuit lang. toyota, mitsubishi have had their shares of this, even honda may actual person na kilala ko na nangyari sa kanya (2000 civic ek). best is to know what to do if this happens to you.

dapat yung binangga na lang nung driver yung unang kotse nung pa-accelerate pa lang siya, kung wala na talaga siyang control
    Tama. At least hindi na sana siya umabot ng 80MPH.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would have gone for the first wall I would see. At the start of the acceleration, you could hear the driver apply the handbrake. I would still wonder though why would the car manufacturers let ECU access to accelerate the car. I know they do that to increase/decrease idling but there should be a hardware to limit any acceleration initiated by the ECU.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i wonder what would have happened if the driver shifts the gear to P immediately.

but everything happened so fast na its difficult to decide on what to do na.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    once i accidentally changed gear to reverse on my corolla lovelife a/t while running at 60kph. The engine just died, had to tottaly switch off the key at full stop to restart it again.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    these are the reasons that i would still buy a manual car for as long as my left leg can push down on the clutch pedal.. i read this article and it got me thinking..

Manual Transmission? What

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir renzo, same sentiments here..

for that long stint of horror, hindi pa rin niya naisipan to pull the emergency brake, nor step on the brake as hard as he could...

Otherwise, he should have rammed the car in front of him. The impact could have been less... But again, sh!t really do happen, kaya presence of mine talaga... But honestly, mawawala rin siguro concentration ko, esp. my wife beside me is screaming like h3ll. hehehehehehe...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Dashboard Camera Catches 80 MPH 'Sudden Acceleration' Hyundai Crash