New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I have a 2004 Starex Van. Just 25,000 km, 2 of my Hankook tires showed big cracks after I came from Pangasinan. What is the best replacement tire and model in terms of safety and durability?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been using Michelin Vanpix tires on my Starex for over a year, and they have performed very well.

My usual route is Urdaneta - Tarlac or Urdaneta - Dagupan, with occasional trips to Quezon City.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrokulit View Post
    I have a 2004 Starex Van. Just 25,000 km, 2 of my Hankook tires showed big cracks after I came from Pangasinan. What is the best replacement tire and model in terms of safety and durability?

Try to use All terrain tires. Mas matibay than highway tires. We are using LT rated michelin LTX on our e150. grabe sa tibay. Treadwear is 400.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for the replies. I went to some tire suppliers. They said Van Pix is already phased out. They are recommending Michelin Agilis instead, quite expensive at P5,150/pc. But they said it is 8 ply.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Michelin Vanpix or Pirelli P3000

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrokulit View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I went to some tire suppliers. They said Van Pix is already phased out. They are recommending Michelin Agilis instead, quite expensive at P5,150/pc. But they said it is 8 ply.

Yup,- 8-ply should be it to give you an additional safety factor....

9101:thatsit:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    white side wall kung meron.. ganda tingnan

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    white side wall kung meron.. ganda tingnan
    AFAIK puro indonesian brand ang mga may sidewall na model.

Best Tire for Starex Van