An appeal to all HYUNDAI ACCENT 2012 OWNERS

If you have noticed a KNOCKING SOUND on your vehicle, possibly when changing shifts or when releasing the clutch after shifting gears, or If you have noticed your RPM (servo) FLUCTUATING when in idle, sometimes would even make the car vibrate, or if you start your engine in the morning and the engine literally sounds like a diesel engine, then you might want to read through.

We purchased our 2012 HYUNDAI ACCENT 1.4 M/T May 5, 2012 from Hyundai Global City. A few months later, we can hear knocking sound when shifting gears, thinking it might have been just a mis-shift or anything like that. But the noise is increasing and it also happens even if we’re not shifting gears so we thought that it’s a different thing. The RPM also starts to fluctuate. So we brought the vehicle to Hyundai Balintawak on Nov. 5, 2012 (the 6th month of our car) for the PMS and to also check on the knocking sound of the vehicle and the fluctuating RPM.

The service representatve told me they need to UPGRADE the ECU and then further monitor the vehicle. Since the dealership nearest our current residence is Hyundai Global City, I then brought the vehicle to Hyundai Global City to have the vehicle checked.

They UPGRADED the ECU and did further checks with the car. We’re on the dealership literally every week for the series of tests that they were doing. They then invited HARI mechanics for the final tests prior to the ECU being replaced. To out dismay, HARI MECHANICS came up with the conclusion: “ALL TESTS NORMAL”. YES, the knocking sound decreased but my RPM is still fluctuating this time literally every three seconds. I tried to argue to one of the service reps prior to taking the vehicle home but I was advised it’s just because of the air-conditioning on automatic mode. (REALLY? EVERY THREE SECONDS?)

I first logged a complaint to HARI and they eventually changed the ECU. To our surprise, the KNOCKING WORSEN.

Meaning to say, THEY ARE UPGRADING THE ECU TO HIDE THE PROBLEM. THEY’RE CHEATING

Upgrading has never been synonymous to REPAIR and they are intentionally doing that to conceal the problem.

I have logged a complaint with DTI against HARI and against HYUNDAI GLOBAL CITY. For those who are experiencing the same problem, you can contact me:

ken_ramchand*yahoo.com.ph

WE SHOULD NOT LET HYUNDAI GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THAT’S ILLEGAL AND WE AS CONSUMER HAVE OUR RIGHTS. IT’S ABOUT TIME WE GET WHAT WE DESERVE AND TO GET WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR.