New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 130 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I just had my foglights installed at MASPRO Banawe. Total damage is 7000 pesos including installation. I have one question though, sabi kasi sakin doon na hindi daw talaga magiindicate sa dashboard yung foglamp indicator. Kahit daw sa elantra wala. Is that true sir meikey? I believe you had your foglamp indicator working. Pano mo nagawa?

Btw, here's the pic

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    One more thing nga pala, pano ba i adjust yung buga ng ilaw ng foglights? Masyado kasing mataas eh.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^

Ma-integrate yan sir... Ang sa elantra, medyo malaking trabaho, kasi yong cluster indicator, integrated cya sa Intelligent Power Switch System, therefore digital signal prior to lighting up the indicator, while sa accent, analog signal yong ibabato mo sa instrument cluster circuit.

Actually yong sa akin, na-integrate namin, pero invasive yong procedure.

For the benifit of every accent owners, you follow this one:

instrument cluster wiring harness:

If you created your own harness using separate relay (I guess bosch yong ginamit nila), yong Wire #14, Red Color yan, bypass that one. to do that, you cut that wire, then connect it to #87 of your foglight relay. To further protect your Cluster Indicator LED, put 560 ohm 1Watt Resistor na nakaseries in that line (from #87 Foglight relay to Cluster #14 Wire on MO1-a, color REd), this is to prevent high current output to directly pass through the cluster LED.

You just have to locate that harness. and besides labeled yong mga harness na yon, you just have to look for the harness labeled MO1-A. It is located over the fuse box, under the steering column...

Disclaimer lang po: I will hold myself not responsible if something goes south. But I myself did it, and its working. Refer to earlier pages on this forum as i have posted the result of this mod.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dinJ View Post
    One more thing nga pala, pano ba i adjust yung buga ng ilaw ng foglights? Masyado kasing mataas eh.
    dinJ, if its possible can you post a pic of your foglight switch? TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^^ sir meikey,
    Medyo nosebleed ako nung binasa ko instructions hehehe. You lost me at red wire. Bilib talaga ako sayo. Pag ganyan wirings na pag uuspan i leave it to the pros. Pinaka technical na alam ko lang is pag install ng head unit.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^^

hehehe, actually sir nong una, yong installer ko w/c is from my dealer, hindi na nila talaga alam paano i-integrate yong cluster indicator, kaya one good thing na meron ng wiring harness & schematic diagram sa hmaservice.com.

Kaya, ang ginawa ko, doon ko binase yong installation, and used my electronics knowledge to finally integrate the cluster. Actually sa HeadUnit, doon ko na rin binase kaya nagawa kong iD-I-Y yong headunit installation ko.

Actually, babasehan mo lang yong wiring harness diagram. As posted in the picture, yong wire no. 14 sa diagram, yan yong linya to light up the indicator. Sa pagkakaalam ko, as well as what we have performed on my unit, gumawa sila ng separate circuit using separate relay.

sa foglight installation on my accent, this is what we did...

Yong relay has nos. 30, 85, 86, 87 (Bosch Relay)

Yong no. 30 (Power Source), tap it to the IGN. (make it sure also na you had you 10Amperes Fuse na nakaseries on that line)
    * Ang mangyayari nito, sa OEM setup, the Foglight will only light up when the key is turned to ON Position or the engine is running. Some installations, they tapped it to the battery. Remember that Foglights, on stock configuration has a total of 54Watts (27 on Left, 27W on Right), kaya tendency if you leave it opened while the power is not coming from alternator may drained your battery.

Yong No. 85, tap it to the Park Light's Ground Terminal.
    * Ang mangyayari is the fog lights will light up only if the parklights is switched to ON Position and when the Ignition is in ON Position. I saw other installations, na itatap nila ito on the body ground. What would happen is independent yong Fog Lights mo sa Park Lights w/c is not advisable.

Yong No. 86, tap it to the Multi-Function Switch (Positive w/c pin no. 2 sa multifunction switch), yong Pin No.1 ng multifunction switch, ibody ground yan... Kung mapapansin mo sa diagram, naka-tap cya sa Low Beam ng Headlight, kasi sa US & Canada, the fog lights will turned off if naka-high beam, w/c makes sense naman...

Yong No. 87, positive out na yan, connect it to the positive terminals of the Fog Lights, Negative terminals of the Fog-lights, pwedeng i-Body Ground.

And lastly, tap the #14 wire sa instrument cluster harness (As seen on my earlier post) to the #87 Relay. Mas mabuti rin na lagyan mo ng resistor (recommended is 560ohm 1 Watt +- 10% Tolerance na Resistor) ang linyang yan to suppress current surge from that line. Though it would also generally lower the light intensity ng LED by a bit, but not that much...

Ito pala yong wiring harness diagram ng multifunction switch:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    parang may nabasa na ako dito na naintegrate ng MASPRO sa dashboard ng Accent ang fog light. Or baka naduling lang ako sa dami ko nabasa.. hehe

mga pinalitan ko na sa Accent:

Horn, Alarm at nagpalagay ng backup sensor. sunod ko yung HL, mudguard and shark fin antenna kung may available na dito sa atin.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dopamine101 View Post
    parang may nabasa na ako dito na naintegrate ng MASPRO sa dashboard ng Accent ang fog light. Or baka naduling lang ako sa dami ko nabasa.. hehe

mga pinalitan ko na sa Accent:

Horn, Alarm at nagpalagay ng backup sensor. sunod ko yung HL, mudguard and shark fin antenna kung may available na dito sa atin.

sir dopamine101, ano itsura ng terminal ng horns? balak ko rin magpalit eh, parang boses alam mo na ang tunog... binaklas niyo po ba yung bumper? Baka pwedeng makahingi ng tips :D

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^

when it comes to horn upgrades, kailangan talaga tanggalin yong bumper. But it shoulden't give you much of a problem as this is a common procedure lang ng mga shops.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    thanks sir meikey.