New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 156 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi mga Accent Masters,

Im planning to buy a new car this year, and Im leaning towards the Accent.

But Im getting confused with all the possible options, I hope you guys can help me decide.

(I also made a thread on this at a Hyundai forum, where people there have been quite helpful, but I just discovered this site has more active members. )

Basically I am wondering what to get:

1. Accent 2010 CRDI
    Pros: Diesel, really fast, great FC (22-23 kpl, accdg to the other threads) , proven and tested reliable, availability of parts

Cons: 700,000 power window model, model is 3-4 years old

2. Accent 2011 CVVT (to be released Jan 2011)

Pros: Even CHEAPER than the older CRDI model, starts at 588,000.
    Brand New Look and Design

Cons: Any proven FC (kpl??) compared to CRDI?
    New model might still have some kinks in it, what about parts availability?

I was already puzzling with these 2 choices, then I heard they might come out with an all new 2011 CRDI model as well. Now I have 3 options to choose from. (Doesnt make sense to get a 2010 CRDI when they're coming out with a 2011 model. Unless they substantially lower the price for the 2010 model as a "phasing out" model).

The thing is, we dont know when (if at all) the 2011 CRDI will come out and at what price. Im in no GREAT hurry to buy a car, but I was thinking I would very much want to get one by summer (where its the only time we go on long trips)

So guys, can you make any suggestion/advice?

(And just to stir up the pot even more, Im also contemplating the Ford Fiesta as an alternative, although reports of its not so stellar FC is making me rethink that now)

Right now, all things considered, I'd say FC would be near the top if not at the top of my considerations. Style-wise, im not that picky. (dont even mind there are many Accent Taxis around, as long as i dont get the color white)

Now I read all 23 pages of this thread, and probably the posts that makes the most sense to me are the following:

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The only reason I would not get CRDi is if low mileage ka. Kasi mas mataas talaga gastos mo sa maintenance nyan kaysa gasoline... Typical gasoline are just 4 liters, a diesel could go 6 liters tapos kailangan fully synthetic pa unlike sa gas pwede kang mag mineral...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    get only the diesel crdi sedan if you want race with evos and other fast cars. that's the only advantage of crdi cars.

sa fuel efficiency, hindi din kasi with the premium ng price na ibibigay ng dealers sa crdi car over a gasline car. yun difference pang-gas mo na for 2-3 years. and add to that mas mahal maint ng crdi vs. gasoline engine.

with the 1.4 liter neto bago accent, baka wala pang P600 yan sa regular oil per PMS

These 2 posts (thanks guys!) made me rethink my options... makes a lot of sense to me..

I might save a few km/l with the crdi, plus the 10 pesos difference between gas and diesel prices, but 700,000 (old CRDI) vs 588,000 (new gas model) is a P 112,000 difference.. thats a lot of gas money for 2-3 years (and beyond), as the poster noted above.

Especially since i probably wont do a lot of highway driving and out of town trips...

Anyway, reading all these posts have been quite helpful...

If anyone would care to give some more feedback I'd be quite grateful...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    * kyle -- the last-gen Accent doesn't have airbag nor ABS.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    Hi mga Accent Masters,

Im planning to buy a new car this year, and Im leaning towards the Accent.

But Im getting confused with all the possible options, I hope you guys can help me decide.

(I also made a thread on this at a Hyundai forum, where people there have been quite helpful, but I just discovered this site has more active members. )

Basically I am wondering what to get:

1. Accent 2010 CRDI
    Pros: Diesel, really fast, great FC (22-23 kpl, accdg to the other threads) , proven and tested reliable, availability of parts

Cons: 700,000 power window model, model is 3-4 years old

2. Accent 2011 CVVT (to be released Jan 2011)

Pros: Even CHEAPER than the older CRDI model, starts at 588,000.
    Brand New Look and Design

Cons: Any proven FC (kpl??) compared to CRDI?
    New model might still have some kinks in it, what about parts availability?

I was already puzzling with these 2 choices, then I heard they might come out with an all new 2011 CRDI model as well. Now I have 3 options to choose from. (Doesnt make sense to get a 2010 CRDI when they're coming out with a 2011 model. Unless they substantially lower the price for the 2010 model as a "phasing out" model).

The thing is, we dont know when (if at all) the 2011 CRDI will come out and at what price. Im in no GREAT hurry to buy a car, but I was thinking I would very much want to get one by summer (where its the only time we go on long trips)

So guys, can you make any suggestion/advice?

(And just to stir up the pot even more, Im also contemplating the Ford Fiesta as an alternative, although reports of its not so stellar FC is making me rethink that now)

Right now, all things considered, I'd say FC would be near the top if not at the top of my considerations. Style-wise, im not that picky. (dont even mind there are many Accent Taxis around, as long as i dont get the color white)

Now I read all 23 pages of this thread, and probably the posts that makes the most sense to me are the following:

These 2 posts (thanks guys!) made me rethink my options... makes a lot of sense to me..

I might save a few km/l with the crdi, plus the 10 pesos difference between gas and diesel prices, but 700,000 (old CRDI) vs 588,000 (new gas model) is a P 112,000 difference.. thats a lot of gas money for 2-3 years (and beyond), as the poster noted above.

Especially since i probably wont do a lot of highway driving and out of town trips...

try to check their discounts. then compute from there of youll gonna buy right away.

crdi accent can get up to 60-80k discount depending on the dealer.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post

your points are clear and well described....But IMO that 112,00 price difference is nothing compared to the priceless pleasure of driving an out of the box fast torquey passenger car....

Though I haven't driven one yet but I can totally imagine it considering the supplied facts of the commonrail technology....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    your points are clear and well described....But IMO that 112,00 price difference is nothing compared to the priceless pleasure of driving an out of the box fast torquey passenger car....

Though I haven't driven one yet but I can totally imagine it considering the supplied facts of the commonrail technology....
    Amen to this. Specially when you get to smoke gasoline powered cars. Daily driving is fast becoming a drag these days. Nothing like squeezing a bit of fun out of your daily driver.

Mabuti na lang nabasa ko itong thread na ito. We were about to get another Vios to replace the old one we have. I hope the CRDi comes in Gunmetal Gray.

How does the new model compare in interior space to the Vios?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    halos pareho pala tayo sir hehe....kami naman before yung accent na old gen naka ready na yung pambili tapos bigla kong nabalitaan may lalabas....HOOOPS! Teka muna! hehe....

eto pa ang isa sir...may thread na nga pala na may bago narin daw na ilalabas na vios hehe...search mo yung thread sir...
    mukang mahihirapan talaga mag decide ang mga buyer sa segment na to hehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pero wala namang D4D na vios eh.. kaya Accent FTW parin!!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    alam ko available na ang CRDi eh. they labeled it Accent Gold

Correct me if i'm wrong.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    halos pareho pala tayo sir hehe....kami naman before yung accent na old gen naka ready na yung pambili tapos bigla kong nabalitaan may lalabas....HOOOPS! Teka muna! hehe....

eto pa ang isa sir...may thread na nga pala na may bago narin daw na ilalabas na vios hehe...search mo yung thread sir...
    mukang mahihirapan talaga mag decide ang mga buyer sa segment na to hehe
    Argh! Ano ba yan. Andami nang pagpipilian. Reliable source kaya yung sa Toyota? Ni wala man lang spy pic. Nabasa ko pa ito.

http://www.theautoindustrieblog.com/...ighter-in.html

Hoping they bring in the 1.5L diesel if it ever happens. But knowing Nissan baka 2014 pa pinakamaaga nito hehe.

If we get the Accent it would have to be the diesel. I just wonder what the price of the CRDi would be. Given the pricing of the current models, reaching the 1M barrier seems likely.

*locoroco
    Bro baka magkasabay pa tayo mag test drive ng units. Wala bang ilalabas ang Mitsu? Para magulo na talaga haha.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by progenic View Post
    alam ko available na ang CRDi eh. they labeled it Accent Gold

Correct me if i'm wrong.
    That's the old Accent....