New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    magkano kaya magpacentral lock sa winterpine?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GSTM9 View Post
    Regarding the engine, the TCi can manage Baguio without difficulty. I've driven our TCi with more than 10 pax to Baguio from Aritao and also via Marcos Highway and all I can say is it depends on the abilities of the driver more than the engine. In the case of Lui, he's comparing it to the CRDi which has 70% more HP and 73% more torque so it's natural that he finds the TCi "medyo mahina". But as he also mentioned, compare the GS TCi with the Toyota Grandia CRDi and the similarities are only on paper.

Regarding central locking and alarm, I paid almost P14K more than 2 years ago when I got our GS TCi from the casa (Code CA-120 alarm). You can get these cheaper nowadays from your favorite car accessories place.

If you want a thorough discussion on the Grand Starex, you can visit http://hyundaiautoclubph.proboards.c...x.cgi?board=gs
    Agree with GSTM9. I was kind of worried to buy the GS TCi variant as I perceived it to be underpowered, especially with the additional 500Kg weight vs. the Gen3 model.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when I drove our GS TCi A/T in Baguio via Marcos Hiway early this year and in Bitukang Manok in Atimonan, Quezon a few weeks ago. It is not wanting in power. In fact, I like to drive the GS better than our Gen3 TCi A/T as the GS does not manifest any body roll on high speed curves. So, the GS offers me better handling...

10K:dance1:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mura lang ang Code Alarm CA-120.

4.5K yung pakabit ko sa Starex Club namin nung January 2010

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 17163242 View Post
    magkano kaya magpacentral lock sa winterpine?
    mga 10k po

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hanep ah. 10K?

sa Winterpine talaga yan o sa Winterpine ng Dealers?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hanep ah. 10K?

sa Winterpine talaga yan o sa Winterpine ng Dealers?
    10K is quite expensive. I paid about 7.5K for central locking by Winterpine at Hyundai Pasig back in January 2008. The CA-120 alarm came to something like P6K, now it's much cheaper.

BTW make sure the central locking is installed properly. Occasionally this malfunctions because of loose contacts due to dirt accumulated over the months.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Mura lang ang Code Alarm CA-120.

4.5K yung pakabit ko sa Starex Club namin nung January 2010
    Starex_gold,

1. where can i go to have my 2010 starex tci installed with this keyless entry with central lock for 4.5k?

2. will it void the warranty with hyundai?

Thanks,
    allan

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by salamangk3r0 View Post
    Starex_gold,

1. where can i go to have my 2010 starex tci installed with this keyless entry with central lock for 4.5k?

2. will it void the warranty with hyundai?

Thanks,
    allan
    4.5K sa Batangas City pa yun.

Dito sa Manila, recommended sa MASPRO Enterprises sa Banawe. Marami silang brand ng Alarms doon. Magaling naman sila mag kabit.

I think walang ma-void na warranty kasi hindi ka nag modify, you just added a feature.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    4.5K sa Batangas City pa yun.

Dito sa Manila, recommended sa MASPRO Enterprises sa Banawe. Marami silang brand ng Alarms doon. Magaling naman sila mag kabit.

I think walang ma-void na warranty kasi hindi ka nag modify, you just added a feature.
    IMO. Tumawag ka nalang sa CASA or sa SA mo. May mga CASA kasi na maarte eh. Gusto pa nila, sakanila ka kumuha ng keyless entry.

Gusto ata nila mamura mo sila. :hysterical: Mahal mahal mahal.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    IMO. Tumawag ka nalang sa CASA or sa SA mo. May mga CASA kasi na maarte eh. Gusto pa nila, sakanila ka kumuha ng keyless entry.

Gusto ata nila mamura mo sila. :hysterical: Mahal mahal mahal.
    Oo nga. Pero anong warranty ang i-void nila doon?

Mga siraulo talaga tao sa CASA eh. Gusto nila sa kanila ikakabit tapos doble presyo. Tapos sablay pa.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2010 Grand Starex TCI GL M/T: review