New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 319 123451151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    www.worldwide.hyundai-motor.com

For all markets outside of Korea and the EU, power for the new H-1 is provided by a 2.5-liter turbocharged intercooled engine (4D56). Euro-III emissions-compliant, the 4D56 delivers 100ps of horsepower and 23kg m of torque whilst delivering 9.4km per litre of fuel. It's mated to a five-speed manual gearbox or the optional four-speed automatic.

For the EU and Korean markets, the new H-1 gets the A 2.5 CRDi, a Euro-IV compliant engine which with the assistance of a Variable Geometry Turbocharger delivers 170ps and 40kg m of torque. The base gearbox is a five-speed manual but an automatic is available as an option, in either four- or five-speed versions, depending on local market requirements.

For markets requiring gasoline propulsion, the 2.4-liter Theta engine is a new offering to the range. Delivering 170ps and 22.8kg m of torque, the Theta can propel the new H-1 to a maximum speed of 185km/h and has a fuel economy rating of 7.1km per litre.

Key new exterior features include the addition of dual sliding side doors, twin swing rear doors (commercial van only), enlarged wheels and tires (205/70R15 -> 215/70R16), back-up warning system (passenger van only) and a sliding side window (wagon only).

Production of the new H-1 diesel edition starts in August 2007 while the petrol version won't be available until after November 2007.

Last edited by Revenant; April 7th, 2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Paragraphs for better readability

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    napag iiwananan na talaga ang mga japanese...

go Hyundai go!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Napagiwanan? The new Starex sure looks ALOT better than the previous one cuz its been around for ages but I do not get what you mean.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Napagiwanan? The new Starex sure looks ALOT better than the previous one cuz its been around for ages but I do not get what you mean.
    based on the new starex engine specs alone (CRDi with VGT), the japanese van makers have been left behind.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow ganda ng bagong starex!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    did you guys notice that the H-1 in the photos has sliding doors on both sides? definitely a plus!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    based on the new starex engine specs alone (CRDi with VGT), the japanese van makers have been left behind.
    This is the new engine of the Sorento released last year.

Sabi ng Hyundai SA sa MIAS sa July DAW ito lalabas. So far, Hyundai are on schedule when their SA's give infos like this. Sabi ko kasi, I own a Santa Fe and I am looking at a second car like the Tucson or Sportage. Then she said "lalabas sa July yung bagong Starex".

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Bakit jap engine rated at 100 hp lang ang install nila samantalang maganda naman performance ng current starex engines rated * 145hp. Body design na lang sana palitan nila

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    This is the new engine of the Sorento released last year.

Sabi ng Hyundai SA sa MIAS sa July DAW ito lalabas. So far, Hyundai are on schedule when their SA's give infos like this. Sabi ko kasi, I own a Santa Fe and I am looking at a second car like the Tucson or Sportage. Then she said "lalabas sa July yung bagong Starex".
    Guess that's July 2008, right? Kasi production starts in August? Why kaya does it take so long to get here after production start? Halos 1 year?!?!

Sana may 4x4 version parang Delica -- which, IMHO, was our 'other' Starex before the Innova came about.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    napag iiwananan na talaga ang mga japanese...

go Hyundai go!
    O.T. my dad tells me na karamihan ng golf courses dito sa'tin ngaun, panay Koreans and Japs ang laman dito. as in dinadayo pa, and my dad tells me they're encouraged pa (and some subsidized) by their own respective govts.

considering average laro ah 1.8k+ up to 3k * 3 hours play, kung 1 day sila, malamang nakaka 6k/day sila sama na kain, excluding hotel accomodations. Sa SM City Baguio lang this holy week, mga pamilya nila namamakyaw ng toblerone. as in 1 full cart!

mayayaman na ang Koreans and Japs. won't be long at par na 'tong dalawang 'to. no wonder Korean cars are keeping up. hindi lang sila sa golf course nag-cocompete mga execs nila hehehe

Page 1 of 319 123451151101 ... LastLast
2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)