New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 808 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    www.worldwide.hyundai-motor.com

For all markets outside of Korea and the EU, power for the new H-1 is provided by a 2.5-liter turbocharged intercooled engine (4D56). Euro-III emissions-compliant, the 4D56 delivers 100ps of horsepower and 23kg m of torque whilst delivering 9.4km per litre of fuel. It's mated to a five-speed manual gearbox or the optional four-speed automatic.

For the EU and Korean markets, the new H-1 gets the A 2.5 CRDi, a Euro-IV compliant engine which with the assistance of a Variable Geometry Turbocharger delivers 170ps and 40kg m of torque. The base gearbox is a five-speed manual but an automatic is available as an option, in either four- or five-speed versions, depending on local market requirements.

For markets requiring gasoline propulsion, the 2.4-liter Theta engine is a new offering to the range. Delivering 170ps and 22.8kg m of torque, the Theta can propel the new H-1 to a maximum speed of 185km/h and has a fuel economy rating of 7.1km per litre.

Key new exterior features include the addition of dual sliding side doors, twin swing rear doors (commercial van only), enlarged wheels and tires (205/70R15 -> 215/70R16), back-up warning system (passenger van only) and a sliding side window (wagon only).

Production of the new H-1 diesel edition starts in August 2007 while the petrol version won't be available until after November 2007.

Last edited by Revenant; April 7th, 2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Paragraphs for better readability

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    napag iiwananan na talaga ang mga japanese...

go Hyundai go!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Napagiwanan? The new Starex sure looks ALOT better than the previous one cuz its been around for ages but I do not get what you mean.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Napagiwanan? The new Starex sure looks ALOT better than the previous one cuz its been around for ages but I do not get what you mean.
    based on the new starex engine specs alone (CRDi with VGT), the japanese van makers have been left behind.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow ganda ng bagong starex!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    did you guys notice that the H-1 in the photos has sliding doors on both sides? definitely a plus!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It has two sliding side doors, but the Starex in the pictures has the elongated wheelbase version. It's not clear if the shortened wheelbase version , just like the ones here in RP, will carry the same dual sliding doors.

The backside's kind of a letdown though. I just wish that Hyundai implements the two-swing rear doors like those found in the commercial/industrial Starex vans.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My personal preference though is just one sliding door (in the passenger side), just like what it is today..... If it's going to be 2 sliding doors, then, I hope there's an option to 'permanently lock' the sliding door in the driver's side...

Also, how I wish the rear window can be lifted independently of the rear door... just like the Vanette and the SUVs, so that it is easy for us to stack things up in the rear.....

Looks like the van that we'll be purchasing though in the next couple of years....

2301:dog1:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    front looks good...side is bland...rear is ugly! IMO....

nevertheless, its about time the starex is replaced with an allnew model..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    looks better in front! medyo bland lang nga sa sides and back as usual. but it's not a surprise...

no matter what they do, looks will not be improving much. because a Van will always be a Van.

I like both sides with sliding doors... I hate waiting in line getting in and out...

medyo napag iiwananan nga ang Japanese. (I think that's the korean's secret motto. "beating the japanese...")

though hirap rin iwanan, kasi Japanese pa rin ang engine (4d56)
    Last edited by rion; April 7th, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

Page 1 of 808 123451151101 ... LastLast
2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)