New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jfc168 View Post
    Yes, the mechanics at Fronte are good. I used to bring our Starex there too.
    Saan po banda ang Fronte? Saan po ma recommend na reliable / notable sources for Starex parts?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fronte and Goodgear for Starex parts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    Saan po banda ang Fronte? Saan po ma recommend na reliable / notable sources for Starex parts?

158 banawe st corner kaliraya, quezon city.
    Kung galing ka ng quezon avenue head towards e.rodriguez ave, fronte is on the first corner on your left side. Note: may corner din dun sa right side yung agno st., so if you count that corner then kaliraya is the 2nd corner.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    158 banawe st corner kaliraya, quezon city.
    Kung galing ka ng quezon avenue head towards e.rodriguez ave, fronte is on the first corner on your left side. Note: may corner din dun sa right side yung agno st., so if you count that corner then kaliraya is the 2nd corner.

so.. Fronte is parts / auto supply? o talyer that can do jobs? auto supply sila pero may mga mekaniko (either in house or tambay sa labas) that does the job?

we have a business that has our own motor pool.. pero wala ako gaano kumpyansa sa motor pool namin when it comes to repair of our own service vehicles... pero sa truck siguro... okay talaga sila...

so.. assuming good lead talaga ang Fronte... and say.. may engine related problem or brake related problem sa starex... saan kaya talyer best ito dalhin?
    Last edited by wowiesy; February 28th, 2014 at 08:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Berrima Diesel ist for me the only Master for any Diesel in Manila (and maybe the rest of the Philippines).
    The Dad learnd his Job at Bosch in Germany and did Diesel repair for his live.
    Diesel and Bosch, i dont need to say more.

Berrima Diesel Service - Philippine Premier 4WD Service Centre - Contact Us

Berrima Diesel Service - Philippine Premier 4WD Service Centre

Adress:
    Berrima Diesel Service
    219 J. P Rizal St. Brgy. Mabini - J. Rizal,
    1150 Mandaluyong City, Philippines

Phone # : 02 533-1415
    Fax # : 02 535-4865
    E-mail : info*diesel.asia

6. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric O'Malley View Post
    Hi Guys, I bought a 2nd-hand 2006 Hyundai Starex CRDI 2 years ago. When I bought it the van drove really well and i didn't have a problem with the power. Up until late 2011 when we brought it to Rapide to fix the oil leak we have been noticing. Rapide told us they could do the job. What was supposed to be a P10,000 estimate. Turned out to be a nightmarish P52,000, and still was not able to bring the engine back to its previous state.

Currently, we are having problems starting the engine. We brought the vehicle to several mechanics, only to be disappointed. We have spend another P40,000, changing fuel filter, high pressure fuel pump, etc.. And while it will work for a few days, the problem goes back. Eventually a mechanic told us to pour a cap full of gasoline inside the air intake to jumpstart the engine. We have been doing it for the past 4 months.

I don't want to bring it to just any mechanic, but at the same time i also don't want to bring it to the casa (could be last resort). Does anyone know of a very good Starex mechanic. Please let me know. Thanks
    Any update on this? Were you able to solve the problem and the starex would start normally without having to pour stsrting fluid down the air intake?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric O'Malley View Post
    Hi Guys, I bought a 2nd-hand 2006 Hyundai Starex CRDI 2 years ago. When I bought it the van drove really well and i didn't have a problem with the power. Up until late 2011 when we brought it to Rapide to fix the oil leak we have been noticing. Rapide told us they could do the job. What was supposed to be a P10,000 estimate. Turned out to be a nightmarish P52,000, and still was not able to bring the engine back to its previous state.

Currently, we are having problems starting the engine. We brought the vehicle to several mechanics, only to be disappointed. We have spend another P40,000, changing fuel filter, high pressure fuel pump, etc.. And while it will work for a few days, the problem goes back. Eventually a mechanic told us to pour a cap full of gasoline inside the air intake to jumpstart the engine. We have been doing it for the past 4 months.

I don't want to bring it to just any mechanic, but at the same time i also don't want to bring it to the casa (could be last resort). Does anyone know of a very good Starex mechanic. Please let me know. Thanks
    Any update on this? Were you sble to solve the starting problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12