The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    PHDM/JDM FD2 non type r = K20Z2 6800rpm redline

USDM FG2 coupe/FA5 sedan = K20Z3 8000rpm redline

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    * Memphis Raines - The vtec controller I think does the job of lowering the vtec engagement point but won't work with the i-vtec engine. The Hondata K Pro I undertand can also take care of lowering the i-vtec engagement point. I don't know of other methods as I have not really inquired from Honda gurus.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Jun, I've always thought that although the V6 Cam or V6 Accord has more power it may be handicapped by the extra weight of the chassis/body which is much heftier than an Si.

Or maybe I'm just assuming a wrong power-to-weight ratio comparo.
    Divide the curb weight with total hp and you get an idea of weight to hp ratios. The lower the better. Keep in mind that this only works well with naturally aspirated cars and not for those with forced induction.

All weights from Yahoo. All times from Car & Driver
    Civic Si: 2744lbs/197hp = 13.9 lbs/hp = 0-60mph: 6.7 sec, 5-60mph: 7.5 sec (probably slower due to less low-end torque)
    Sonata V6: 3266lbs/235hp = 13.9 lbs/hp = 0-60mph: 6.6-6.7 sec, 5-60mph: 7.1 sec (3.3L V6 has more low-end torque)

Torque is another factor. I've noticed that cars with 1:1 hp to torque ratio (using English system) or better tended to have good stoplight performance.

Then there's gear ratios and engine power curve combined with the above. Those with good low-end punch tended to be the best neck snappers: turbocharged, supercharged, V6's, V8's.

The longer wheelbase of most midsize sedans means most compacts will be better handlers in the track. But out in the street, it's not really a big deal. Ask pup2 with his FXT. Out in the street, straight line performance rules.

Just like compacts, most midsize cars can also be modded to be better handlers. The Hyundai dealer I bought my 06 V6 Sonata from do a brisk business tightening suspensions and converting to 20" low profiles for many Sonata owners.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 11th, 2008 at 03:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Is it possible and feasible to supercharge/turbocharge a Civic FD? Has anyone tried this?
    Speedlab has a turbo kit for the FD Civic's R18A engines...so yes it's possible.

The kit is around PhP150k I think. Try checking them out at www.speedlab.com.ph

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I was talking about the current FD Civic Si having a comparable model in the RP. But 2.0 they get is detuned, the past Si=SiR in the Rp.
    Ah yes, the FD Civic 2.0 has been detuned for the RP market. I think the same was done with the previous model, after the SiR chassis ceased production (forgot the names). So they're not comparable SiR models of their respective generations, sadly.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Ah yes, the FD Civic 2.0 has been detuned for the RP market. I think the same was done with the previous model, after the SiR chassis ceased production (forgot the names). So they're not comparable SiR models of their respective generations, sadly.
    The 2.0 liter engine of RP spec Civic isn't really detuned for the RP market, its actually the standard form of the K20 engine.
    This 155PS K20 is not only for the RP or ASEAN market, its also the engine of JDM Civic 2.0 GL and is the standard engine in the Canadian market Acura CSX(Acura badged Asian/JDM style Civic sedan).

The 155PS JDM Civic 2.0 GL.

The Canadian market Acura CSX
    Last edited by AG4; April 11th, 2008 at 06:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sorry but I may have gotten the chassis names confused. The 2001-ish model Civics are FD ba?

Wait no that was not right. It seems I'm confused...checking Edmunds it looks like the Si Civic has 197hp, but that's already the Si version. Comparing that to the standard version now I see why it was confusing.

Based on what you said, AG4, it seems to me that the standard Civic over there (current gen) has 155hp while the Si version has 197, right? I think the reason I got confused is because here in the US they offer 1.8L versions as standard base model Civics, with 140hp, while the 2.0L is the Civic Si already. Given that and your mention of the standard 2.0L engine there, it looks like the Si has more HP with the same displacement. I guess that's why I said it was detuned.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hala. Turbo charged na pinaguusapan hehehe. Let's stick with N/A shall we?

Does anyone know how much HP is in the 2006 Civic 2.0 FD in the RP?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Does anyone know how much HP is in the 2006 Civic 2.0 FD in the RP?
    155 horsepower, similar to the JDM Civic 2.0GL.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Sorry but I may have gotten the chassis names confused. The 2001-ish model Civics are FD ba?
    The 2001-2005 Civics wore the "ES" chassis code, with a few "ET"-stamped chassis carrying the K20A engine.

FDs are the most recent of the breed HTHs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Will there be another SiR?