New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    yes, it only goes to show that buying the more expensive bulb is what again? the fact that hid is more durable and less expensive shows that you are showing off to be rich? i don't get it. and yes, the color temp matters. you have the halogens which has higher wattage, that emits the same lumens will not sound practical at all. then add to the fact that you will use ceramic sockets, don't you think that's more expensive? for halogens, the higher wattage you go the brighter, and the shorter the lifespan will be. and yes, the question in the test is, where will you look at when there's an incoming traffic. when you look away, that is the right answer. and mind you, the question was written ages ago when there was no hid yet.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yes you look away and take your eyes off the road breaking the first rule in driving

High output halogens and ceramic wiring kits go for less than 2000 pesos total without inconveniencing other motorists. How much is the cheapest HID kit that only last 3 mos?

As I said in my post if you want HID get a PROPER conversion and don't just slap them into your stock designed-for-halogen headlights.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    do you really want me to complete the sentence for you?. i have my hid for over a year now and it has not faded. i had halogen bulbs with lower wattage, and i have to keep on replacing them every year because they either burn out or they fade. and these were sylvania -- notch above oem bulbs. if you convert the money for a pair, it's P2000. the hid, convert it and it will cost less than P2000. and ofcourse, i fiddled with it, meaning i did my homework.

if you have newer car, especially the 8th gen civic where the engine bay is so compact, it is not easy to replace the light bulbs. so instead of me getting frustrated replacing the bulbs every year, i did my homework and did it my self. and yes, i could have opted for the 6000 to 10000, but i did not because that is no longer road legal. i do have road manners, and yes, i want to see the road better especially at night.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Turn on your headlights while facing a wall so you will have an idea what your output looks like to an oncoming car. A properly focused set of headlights at low beam should not have any light above the oncoming car's belt line. If you found a way to adjust your output to point as low as possible then kudos to you.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    been there, done that. that's what you call doing the homework. and i will pat myself at the back because i know i did it correctly and all by myself. never got flickered at from oncoming traffic, never got pulled over because of the glare. being responsible.

the light bulb companies, they actually advertise buy brighter lights for safety reasons. if you think advertisements like that is wrong, why no one is stopping them most especially insurance firms and ntsa (in US)? i am not sure about you, but i would really like to see what's going on in front of me when i am driving at night.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Care to share your experience for the benefit of others who may not have the inclination to do said homework?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    there's no satisfaction in getting something that you did not work for.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I call BS without pics at least.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    yes, pix please or this HID thing is just plain BS.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i have an 8th gen vic, those things when equipped with HIDs hardly produce any glare.
    a friend has a similar v as the TS does, equip it with HIDs regardless of the brand, price and what not the glare it produces is annoying.

as a connection with the first, let me clarify that not all vic's don't produce glare when equipped with plug n play hids, mostly it consists of the totl variants -- 2.0S/S-L

your advice of looking away from the direction of the glare WHILE in motion can lead to accidents. everything is damn possible. it's hard to take risks and go through hassle because of someone's stupidity and ignorance.

the halogen bulbs johnm was referring to such as osram nightbreakers, narvas, philips xtreme and the like doesnt produce blinding glare, as compared to those expensive non long-lasting HIDs. thing is, the halogen bulb you are referring to are superwhites or other colored halogens that produce glare and the output is worse than that of stock lighting. hence these too aren't advisable to have.

^ who would like to encounter someone on the road with THAT kind of lighting?

you see, halogens are nothing compared to hids when it comes to output. i def. agree. however, you will have to compromise a lot of things when you're about to go the hid route. safety is one. and i guess, that's one important factor we shouldn't put into the line.

on a daily basis, i encounter irresponsible hid users. and if shooting someone was actually legal, i would've shot the owners to teach them a lesson.

all they are after are looks. feelers.

if your cutoff is this nice w/o you using a pair of projectors ...

... then kudos to you.

ergo, shame on you.

because those kind of cutoffs or anything quite near that are the only ones acceptable for a regular driver's pair of eyes. it's safe. you're able to maximize your hid. worth the buck.

i have nothing personal against you. just stating my side here. which is i guess the right one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Where do you buy LED lights?