New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    hi, it started last year and only happen when it rains. Had it looked in a shop and they added sealant on rubber on top and on the sides. Then it stopped for a while. After a week when it rained, it leaked again and i notice it appears slowly specially when i step on the brake. They added more sealant and even removing the rubber strip on the windshield. It stopped for a while but after sending my car to the carwash eh ayun, even worse than the first one.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^if the leak really came from the windshield mouldings then better to have everything remove and re installed.

go to Aguila probably

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    as much as i dont want to have it removed and reinstalled but it seems this is the last option. Any recommendation where to have this done? prefer to be somewhere south area.. thanks..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aguila glass. yeah it's really hard to have windshield removed but since meron ng leak then no choice but to do it

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thanks. would you know if they do water leak test first?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^don't know but you can probably ask them to do so, haven't you done a water leak test yourself to see where the leak is coming from?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    havent done it. am reading on some procedure to do it, like removing the interior and pour water to see where the leak is, baka lang kasi di ko na maibalik eh mas problema.Will try all my options over the weekend. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i experienced this over the wet weekend we just had. i'm wondering how the ts solved this watery curse

this video shows the problem i have although i think the owner of the usdm civic fd has it worse. pero doon na din siguro papunta ito kung pabayaan ko

i wonder if the suggestions to fix this problem on the comments section will work. if not then i guess going to aguila glass to have the windshield resealed is the only solution
    Last edited by baludoy; November 22nd, 2016 at 08:57 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i experienced this over the wet weekend we just had. i'm wondering how the ts solved this watery curse

this video shows the problem i have although i think the owner of the usdm civic fd has it worse. pero doon na din siguro papunta ito kung pabayaan ko

i wonder if the suggestions to fix this problem on the comments section will work. if not then i guess going to aguila glass to have the windshield resealed is the only solution
    we've experienced something like that, in our non-honda cars.
    the problem turned out to be rust. the rusted metal under the rubber compound had to be cut away and repaired. we were advised then, that without the metal repair, no amount of re-sealing will result in a permanent cure.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    No rust naman from the inside. I already checked and removed the a pillars garnishing. Hopefully when i peel back the plastic trimmings of the it'll show no rust underneath

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Water leak in ceiling in driver's and passenger's side HELP!